[WIP] cp_something

tarmo-

L3: Member
Dec 10, 2008
Im working on a 5cp map, dont know about the name yet, still figuring out the layout and stuff.

I got the middle and the 2nd cp layouts mainly done, but still missing many models from like.. everywhere.

Mostly brushwork at the moment and wont show the pictures from 1st cp area until it satisfies me.

Middlecp:

dsadsa0004.jpg

dsadsa0005.jpg

2nd cp:

dsadsa0010.jpg

Things to do:

1. Figure out the 1st cp layout.
2. Better brushwork to some locations.
3. Brush-placeholders to models.
4. Adding more models.
5. Better texturework.
6. 3D Skybox.
7. Optimization.

Last edited:

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Yeah, does look cool. I agree it's wide open.

I think you should close in the side stairs in the top shot. metal walls but have glass windows. Kindof looks like a crane might go up top so that could be a control panel room and provide cover.

You should build a building over the top of the last point there. Kindof like A on Gravelpit. Maybe some rocks for cover between point and building

tarmo-

Dec 10, 2008
I think you should close in the side stairs in the top shot. metal walls but have glass windows. Kindof looks like a crane might go up top so that could be a control panel room and provide cover.

You should build a building over the top of the last point there. Kindof like A on Gravelpit. Maybe some rocks for cover between point and building

I didn't get the "close in the side stairs" or that control panel room ;o. I'm making this map for competetive scene and i think those would kill the gameplay, just might. Haven't tested it in real game as i don't have the 1st cp done yet.

I was thinking of adding roof and few small walls around the 2nd cp so it'll be a bit more secure, but i might do that later after it gets tested in a proper 6on6 and get proper criticism of the map how it flows.

And by the way, 1st map i'm working on. Been doing this for just under 1.5 weeks.

You might want to keep the "cp_something" as a name. Instantly memorable :p

Didn't even smile on that one :unsure:

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Well, my point on closing that in is it gives some cover and a litlte more decor. But that middle open area will still be about 2x as large as the center point in well_cp.

Even competitvely some classes need cover more than others. Rockets and grenades can be launched a long way, so having huge wide open spaces helps those guys. But heavies, pyros, spies are gonna suffer without something to hide behind and get close. Closing those ramps in would help that but there'd still be plenty of room for snipers and rockets.

There's cover down below but that soldiers rule from above in open large areas. All other classes will suffer imo without a little cover up top.

Now that I look again I even think you should put some cover on the end of the building at those end platforms. At least on one side (left/right of each end of building). Would be a good place for sentries, etc... But if you tried to build up there now a soldier would just blast it from out of range.

Last edited:

tarmo-

Dec 10, 2008
Well, my point on closing that in is it gives some cover and a litlte more decor. But that middle open area will still be about 2x as large as the center point in well_cp... etc

I'll keep that in mind, useful info, tho this is about the same size than well, abit more narrow to be honest :). I'll take that on consideration, you'll see at some point what I've decided with those things.