[WIP] CP_Powerplant

Fyfey

L2: Junior Member
Jan 24, 2008
[WIP] CP_Powerstation

Hi there... I've been wanting to make a map for ages but have had no inspiration. Finally I've got something!
I hope the name hasn't already been taken!

It's set around a nuclear power plant, Red's are defending against the attacking Blu's who are furious that Red are dumping waste in the water supply.
It's a Gravelpit style cap layout... where capping A+B will unlock C.

First Sketch:
cp_powerplant_sketch.jpg

Here's a few screenshots of what I've done so far:
skyshot.jpg

View from above

trainyard.jpg

Trainyard

mainarena.jpg

View from exit of Blu spawn

I've done most of the interior of the Pump house (A) and the sewer that goes into it. I just need to add some temporary lighting to get a screeny of that.

Last edited:

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Just a quick heads-up that there's already a cp_powerplant floating around. Granted, it's pretty old, but you never know when you'd run into a file name conflict.

Fyfey

Jan 24, 2008
Just a quick heads-up that there's already a cp_powerplant floating around. Granted, it's pretty old, but you never know when you'd run into a file name conflict.

Cheers for that... I'll have to give the name another think. Maybe cp_radioactive or cp_nuclear

I've updated the first post with some screenshots

Fyfey

Jan 24, 2008
looks an aweful lot like sizewell B to me.... :p

Nice! That's what I was basing it on. (As that's the only nuclear power station I've ever seen).
Maybe I should call is cp_sizewell?

I'll make a start on the other buildings and get the cap points in, then host it for some testing before I get any serious detailing done.