[WIP]cp_foebia_b2

eXeC

L1: Registered
Sep 30, 2008
Just a WIP of mine, like to get some feedback for it.

Download page: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=676

Here are some pics:

cp_foebia_b20003_3Xr.jpg

cp_foebia_b20004_89T.jpg

cp_foebia_b20005_r4d.jpg

cp_foebia_b20006_k25.jpg

Galago

L2: Junior Member
Sep 29, 2008
Hey. It's looking nice; I'm a novice at map-making, so I can't give you advice, but I like it so far.

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
Is it just me or does the skybox seem a little close?

nossie

L3: Member
May 9, 2008
The details look nice but i dont know how well it will play.

if u look at Valves standard maps the control points are usually placed into a corner. and if they are, they have many entrances to them. also think about where can engies place sentrys to protect the point? make sure they have a destroyable/fault in the placement so Blue can destroy them. where can snipers sit and snipe? (no dur :p). can pyros ambush? (that goes for the whole map) do soliders and demos (more soliders) have a good area where they have a height advantage?... do spys have good "hiding spots" to recharge their cloak?

and what type of CP mode is that? is it fight for the neutral one then push threw the team ones? or what?...

also if the point u are detailing is the final point for that team try and make it look really that teams area. so if its blu's area make it sharp buildings and blue textures. maybe behind the point so it looks like the area goes further into the map not just stopping abruptly

just some things to think about :)

eXeC

Sep 30, 2008
The details look nice but i dont know how well it will play.

if u look at Valves standard maps the control points are usually placed into a corner. and if they are, they have many entrances to them. also think about where can engies place sentrys to protect the point? make sure they have a destroyable/fault in the placement so Blue can destroy them. where can snipers sit and snipe? (no dur :p). can pyros ambush? (that goes for the whole map) do soliders and demos (more soliders) have a good area where they have a height advantage?... do spys have good "hiding spots" to recharge their cloak?

and what type of CP mode is that? is it fight for the neutral one then push threw the team ones? or what?...

also if the point u are detailing is the final point for that team try and make it look really that teams area. so if its blu's area make it sharp buildings and blue textures. maybe behind the point so it looks like the area goes further into the map not just stopping abruptly

just some things to think about :)

I've thought about most of those things, snipers have various places they can snipe from easily without being overpowered. Engi's have spots to build while still being not too hard to take out with an uber. Spy's have some dark corners to recharge their cloak and pyros have plenty of places to camp.

The map has been designed so that the team who owns the center point can easily push forward to win the game while it's still possible for the other team to dig their heels in and defend their final point.

Demomen have various places where they can fire stickys over a wall to aid the offence too.

So I'd say this map plays well. You can download it at the link at the top.

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
Tested last night (it was a loong session with all those maps). While it felt at first sight strange,with such an open map, we had a good game flow alltogether. I'm just a bit afraid that the losing team may have a very hard time to reverse the game when it is cornered to its last CP. Not so much to say, I would need some other sessions to tell you more, but I find it quite encouraging.

flubber

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 16, 2007
Same test server as Uriak, just a few things i picked up :
- Light in central point, you can't even see which color players are
- Spawn / First CP secondary passage (maybe underground)
- Block construction into the spawn, one team build 2 sentry covering the last cp it was just impossible to destroy.
- CP2-4 more cover to pose sentry.

eXeC

Sep 30, 2008
Thanks for the feedback, I will be fixing some of the issues you suggested.