[wip] CP_Dryer_b3

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
Well after months of sporadic activity, I finally scraped together another release of my map, CP_Dryer. I couldn't find the old thread I had here (created back in Feb), so I decided to create a new thread.

DOWNLOAD :

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=653

Changes since the last version:

- Added a 40 sec setup time and added gates to the center point building.
- Increased cap times for points
- Vastly improved signage
- Tweaked one of the route's to each team's first point.
- Added slight shortcuts that can be accessed by jumping.
- Added soundscapes
- Added more detail
- Tweaked the terrain
- Optimized a bit more, chopped 10 MB off from the _b2 filesize

I will add the download link as soon as I'm done compiling/uploading.

I am eager to finish this map so I can start on my next idea, so any and all criticism/scrutiny is appreciated. I'll make sure this map gets into the next gameday.

Last edited:

Earl

Dec 21, 2007
Cool data Coldfire! I like how the number of wins is pretty even for red and blu, even though it's asymmetrical. What do your players like/dislike about the map? I'm really looking for some final feedback.

Earl

Dec 21, 2007
So my map is the #1 rated CP map on fpsbanana, with glowing reviews that people wrote after simply reading the changelog and looking at the screenshots.... Yay....

"If I wanted smoke blown up my ass, I'd be at home with a pack of cigarettes and a short length of hose."

ColdFire

L2: Junior Member
Mar 11, 2008
Cool data Coldfire! I like how the number of wins is pretty even for red and blu, even though it's asymmetrical. What do your players like/dislike about the map? I'm really looking for some final feedback.

Well I don't think they dislike anything
Your map has even been chosen by 2 teams for our internal tournament, though they chose b2 instead of b3. I think it's because they like to scout rush to the middle point. The new b3 with the setup timer blocks the possibility of scout rushing.

ColdFire

L2: Junior Member
Mar 11, 2008
Any news Earl? Will you remove the gates and setup timer so we can scout-rush the middle point again?
And maybe add a few seconds to the "1st/last" point capture time, they're really quick to cap

But dryer is a really liked map on my servers, when the team are the same level, we really have fun