[WIP] cp_coast

Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by FaTony, Aug 30, 2008.

1. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. Vander

Vander L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    - In the first pic of the spawn room the ceiling looks really low and the props are all crowded to one side making the other parts of the room bare.
    - I like how you changed up the middle control point in pic #4, can you fall through those holes though? If so, may want to add some boards, metal panels or something to keep players from falling through.
    - Pic #6, is that a resupply locker next to a cap point? Oh dear.
    - Pic #9, wall texture on ceiling and its not aligned.
    - Pic #10 makes it look like a good sniper would have too much power in this map. You could reduce the # of windows he can shoot out up top and use some more brushwork and props to break his sight lines.

All in all I really like the potential of this map. It seems a bit blocky, but I know it's early and am sure you will pretty up the brushwork as you move forward on it. I am really excited to play in a 'storm' environment. If I could make a suggestion, I would like to you use the night skybox to really add to the ambience of the whole playing in a storm experience.

Good work so far, looking forward to an update!

3. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    What really caught my eye is the glass ceiling in pic 2, that looks pretty sweet :) In row 2 pic 1, the brick building has half a window in the corner. Other than that, looks like a very promising start.

4. Vander

Positive Ratings:
    Also, did I see some naughty HL2 textures hiding in those pics?

5. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    ..and models, change those fances over please.

Also reduce your fog distance, it doesn't work very well, TF2 is all about clear visability.

Allign your textures; a lot are out of place.

It would be nice if you changed the environment around that brigde so that i (and probably others) don't go "omg 2fort".

Can't tell much about the layout.. you deffinately need to spend time working on your lights.

Try not to put a box around your map when compiling.. it's terrible for practice n leaves all sorts of issues ingame. Performance mostly.

You have some nice vertical play with the second story platforms but your map still seems very flat.

I advise making your buildings taller, people are gonna bounec all over the place with explosions, you don't want them seeing most of the map when they get airborn :(

6. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:

7. Hellfire

Hellfire L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    zomg,thats my map xD
    first mapping exp... central cap point was the first thing ive ever made in hammer xD

8. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:

9. Vander

Positive Ratings:
    Looks good man! I know some will complain of not enough light, but I'm sure you'll work it out in the end. Impressive!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:

11. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    That looks insanely dark and foggy, even though the ground is well lit. Nice improvements anyway, though.

12. Hellfire

Positive Ratings:
    looks more like css map

13. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    Despite the pretty lighting, I can't help but think the only other thing you've done is put containers everywhere.

14. Hellfire

Positive Ratings:
    abandoned))