Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by FaTony, Aug 30, 2008.
- In the first pic of the spawn room the ceiling looks really low and the props are all crowded to one side making the other parts of the room bare.
- I like how you changed up the middle control point in pic #4, can you fall through those holes though? If so, may want to add some boards, metal panels or something to keep players from falling through.
- Pic #6, is that a resupply locker next to a cap point? Oh dear.
- Pic #9, wall texture on ceiling and its not aligned.
- Pic #10 makes it look like a good sniper would have too much power in this map. You could reduce the # of windows he can shoot out up top and use some more brushwork and props to break his sight lines.
All in all I really like the potential of this map. It seems a bit blocky, but I know it's early and am sure you will pretty up the brushwork as you move forward on it. I am really excited to play in a 'storm' environment. If I could make a suggestion, I would like to you use the night skybox to really add to the ambience of the whole playing in a storm experience.
Good work so far, looking forward to an update!
What really caught my eye is the glass ceiling in pic 2, that looks pretty sweet In row 2 pic 1, the brick building has half a window in the corner. Other than that, looks like a very promising start.
Also, did I see some naughty HL2 textures hiding in those pics?
..and models, change those fances over please.
Also reduce your fog distance, it doesn't work very well, TF2 is all about clear visability.
Allign your textures; a lot are out of place.
It would be nice if you changed the environment around that brigde so that i (and probably others) don't go "omg 2fort".
Can't tell much about the layout.. you deffinately need to spend time working on your lights.
Try not to put a box around your map when compiling.. it's terrible for practice n leaves all sorts of issues ingame. Performance mostly.
You have some nice vertical play with the second story platforms but your map still seems very flat.
I advise making your buildings taller, people are gonna bounec all over the place with explosions, you don't want them seeing most of the map when they get airborn
zomg,thats my map xD
first mapping exp... central cap point was the first thing ive ever made in hammer xD
Looks good man! I know some will complain of not enough light, but I'm sure you'll work it out in the end. Impressive!
That looks insanely dark and foggy, even though the ground is well lit. Nice improvements anyway, though.
looks more like css map
Despite the pretty lighting, I can't help but think the only other thing you've done is put containers everywhere.
Separate names with a comma.