[WIP]cp_bunkerhill

Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by Victariand, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Victariand

Victariand L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, this is my first attempt at making a Team Fortress map. The basic concept was an open area uphill battle. The map is relatively open with numerous options to flank a position. However, the defending team constantly has the advantage of elevation and position. I wanted to avoid obvious bottlenecks and chokepoints in favor of sustained fighting.
    Appearance-wise I chose to go with german hardened bunkers as an inspiration. To match this, I wanted to go with a green and gray environment as opposed to the desert. Admittedly, I need to find a better way to do rocks.

The current rendition of the map can be downloaded here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for looking!

2. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
  3. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    If you don't want to follow that complex process, you can come a long way by simply turning off the shadows on those props too. :p

I think it has a very nice style. I think you overdid the patches of dirt/paint/something in the first pic there, though.

4. Chilly

Chilly L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looking pretty good so far. Obviously fixing the shadows will help a lot. Also consider tossing a tree or two in there, like the ones from arena_lumberyard. Not that you're doing a whole alpine environment, but pine trees perfectly fit the "german" theme. I think they'd add a little visual depth and break up the large amounts of rocks and concrete structures nicely.

Anyway, what's the format for this map. You say CP and imply it's A/D, but is it a single stage or multiple stages? How many CP's are there per stage?

5. Victariand

Victariand L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the link and feedback, I was wondering about those shadows and all this is very much a learning process.

Anyway, this is an attack/defend with four control points on red. Blue has a forward spawn after the second point is taken, as I found the last two points of the map can be difficult to take.