[WIP] big block

94Sniper

L1: Registered
Apr 26, 2008
it's my first tf map so go easy on me!

it's gonna have a lot more so, ya. it's mainly made for snipers. and i'll put in information just as soon as I can find a tutorial that will tell me how to add info on my map.

T

The Asylum

I'd like to reccomend that you build a skybox around your map first. Doesn't ahve to be anything fancy, but it's better than that awful black background that does that funky overlapping model animation frame thing when you compile it (which I suggest you do often after adding major brushes/props/whatever)

TotalMark

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
You have a long way to go, but you're in the right place! :w00t:

94Sniper

Apr 26, 2008
I just read through a few tutorials so now i'm working on the spawnroom, intel cap point (?) and even UNDERGROUND TUNNELS =)

2 questions though, how do I make just a normal capture the intel setup and add a skybox?

Last edited:

94Sniper

Apr 26, 2008
alright, I've made a lot of progress, but theres one thing i'm missing...

how do I add a SKYBOX and set up some lighting?

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
skybox= your ceiling and walls of your level that needs to be sky with the texture tools/toolssky.
light= entity "light_environment", but check the wiki, there are great tuts there.

T

The Asylum

For an easy Skybox that just displays the sky (ie: No ground outside the play area, props, etc) Make a block encasing the map with the texture 3D Skybox. Rightclick, select Make Hollow with a thickness of 64.

The default sky is Hydro (and I keep it that way because I like it)