[WIP] arena_Mansion

Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by TheNeverman, Dec 29, 2008.

1. TheNeverman

TheNeverman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. andysss456

andysss456 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Small tip, if you want some feedback either provide a download of the map, or give more screenshots, or better yet do both. The only thing i can comment on is that it looks like you used some hl2 textures in there which isn't a good thing for TF2.

3. Chilly

Chilly L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Did you mean to model it exactly after Disney's Haunted Mansion? It's also nearly identical to a COD2 map modeled after the Haunted Mansion, which you can see here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have COD2, I'd definitely recommend checking it out if you weren't aware. It can be downloaded here:

http://www.mtlclan.com/ChargementDownloadCOD2Maps.htm

For the record, RakeKniven (the mapper) was one of the premier mappers for COD2.

4. TheNeverman

Positive Ratings:
    Not much else to show at the moment - map download as soon as I check off a couple more items for the upcoming public beta... (this is my WIP thread)

The mansion features some custom textures, but no HL2 textures.

5. TheNeverman

Positive Ratings:
    My version isn't "exact" by a long shot - just loosely based on. Dropped a lot of the details to keep the frame rate up...

That COD2 map looks really nice, almost makes me wish I had the game. Are you able to go inside the house - or just the outside?

6. Chilly

Positive Ratings:
    It's possible to go into the house, but most of the action happens outside. You can access the roof of the house via a ladder on the back and then there's some graveyards and catacombs around it. It's not a very large map, but it's pretty well designed for COD2.

7. TheNeverman

Positive Ratings:
    very cool, any idea of theres a CoD4 version around?

8. Chilly

Positive Ratings:
    There's not, but I know Rakekniven makes COD4 maps as well. You might want to ask him if he can do a quick conversion into COD4 so you can look around. He can be contacted through his clan's website, I believe, which I linked in that first post.

9. TheNeverman

Positive Ratings: