Winterspring

PL Winterspring a3

Nov 13, 2015
This is a PL map with 4 checkpoints (I've used the PL-template found elsewhere on this site - big thanks to the people that put together the SDK pack it's super helpful!)

Known bugs:

- PL cart stops at checkpoint 3, players need to step out of the trigger and back again to re-trigger the push

• Capturing the first checkpoint will open a new access path for both teams
  • First forward spawn for Blu team is activated after reaching the second checkpoint, this will also push back the Red spawn
  • Second forward spawn for Blu team is activated after reaching the third checkpoint, this will also push back the Red spawn

Last edited:

Bunbun

aa
May 18, 2014
Impressive! However you might wanna work on those tile textures, there're too grey and bright, it also doesn't match the tf2 style.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
@zahndah, you were right. You said bspzip, which is what repacking uses. bspzip.exe
@JMaxchill You seem to have misread zahndah's post. you've said bzip, presumably to mean making a bz2

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
This is very cool!

An original take on a mountain/medieval theme. It looks great!

Nov 13, 2015
Impressive! However you might wanna work on those tile textures, there're too grey and bright, it also doesn't match the tf2 style.

Thanks, will update the tiles to be less bright and add some subtle color to them,

Yeah the tiles are too bright.
Also I don't really like the skybox texture

Do you think its too crisp? too much details in it? Perhaps I should use a standard skybox, really liked the big moon though :)

Have you bspzipped the map? If not you could do that to make the file size much smaller.
Here is a thread that talks about it: http://tf2maps.net/threads/repacking-your-maps.24822/

Will do this with the next version, thanks

Small note on the detailing: Not every window has to be lit up.

Totally agree, will switch it up

CriminalBunny

Lasers are just deadly rainbows
aa
Oct 11, 2013
Good looking map!
I don't know where did you get that skybox/mountains but you should stick to the TF2 artstyle (I like them but they don't fit the game universe) If you're going to do so I'd suggest trying with sky_nightfall_01 (Judging by screenshots, idk if the mountains ARE part of the skybox)
Sky_nightfall_01.jpg

You can find the light_environment settings here along with other TF2 skyboxes

Rather than putting v# for every version you should put a#, b# or rc# depending on the developing state

Hope I was useful :D

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Good looking map!
I don't know where did you get that skybox/mountains but you should stick to the TF2 artstyle (I like them but they don't fit the game universe) If you're going to do so I'd suggest trying with sky_nightfall_01 (Judging by screenshots, idk if the mountains ARE part of the skybox)
Sky_nightfall_01.jpg

Rather than putting v# for every version you should put a#, b# or rc# depending on the developing state

Those mountains are 3D skybox.

I have to agree with the thing stated above though, they don't look TF2-like. At all. They're way too realistic.

Nov 13, 2015
Good looking map!
Sky_nightfall_01.jpg

You have been very helpful, thank you :)
The skybox is made by Mr.Chops and his content pack can be found here (they are super duper!)
The mountain is a simple heightmap made into displace with one of cannon fodders tools, dispgen - if you like it you should really try it out! it makes it very simple to create "terrain" based environments, ama anytang about it,
I'll def try and improve it until it feels more proper to tf2, just noticed that the baked shadowing is all wrong (recently rotated the map 90 degrees to line it up with the moon), will try to make it look more like this (img link)

I'll also start following the naming convention people are used to - it's refreshing, hopefully I will have something new every week

Those mountains are 3D skybox.

I have to agree with the thing stated above though, they don't look TF2-like. At all. They're way too realistic.

Hear what you are saying, it's awesome with such a styled game and protective community! If its not improved enough before the map is done I'll def chop it off n try and go with something more classy, I'll make sure to spare the file size on future downloads until I got something worth showing :)

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
There's something up with your skybox; I don't think it's filtering properly maybe? Look at the edges of the moon in this screenshot for example. (Zoom all the way in to see what I mean.)

BE4914B2920D1AEDC6F8140CD2E3B6FA90C7E2AC

Nov 13, 2015
- added more arrows
- decreased spec on materials
- removed the snow in that one place
- fixed some issues with spawn closets
-fixed issue with pl getting stuck for 5sec after capturing 3rd objective
- updated clipping in some areas
- hopefully build with proper ldr hrd cubemaps

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nov 13, 2015
don't dl this version, unless you just want to check it out, there is a spawn bug when the blu team has captured the first control point...
will be corrected pretty soon :)