Windows 7

Haggis

L2: Junior Member
Jan 19, 2009
I have just purchased Windows 7 full version and have a couple of questions before installing,my operating system at the moment is xp with service pack 3

1) My hard drive is partitioned,78 gigs in C drive 154 in D drive,if i install Windows 7 in C drive will i still be able to access my files in D drive or will i have to format the full drive.

2) I also have another hard drive which is hooked up but that is only used for storage there is no operating system on it,will i still be able to access that drive or again will i have to format that using Windows 7

Feb 17, 2009
You can install Win7 on C:/ drive and leave your files on other drives. You only have to format the drive windows will be installed on.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
I have just purchased Windows 7 full version and have a couple of questions before installing,my operating system at the moment is xp with service pack 3

1) My hard drive is partitioned,78 gigs in C drive 154 in D drive,if i install Windows 7 in C drive will i still be able to access my files in D drive or will i have to format the full drive.

2) I also have another hard drive which is hooked up but that is only used for storage there is no operating system on it,will i still be able to access that drive or again will i have to format that using Windows 7

1. yes you will. make sure to only format the correct partition when installing windows.

2. yes, you still will be able to access your other drives.

Haggis

L2: Junior Member
Jan 19, 2009
Thanks guys you have put my mind at rest,was worried i would not be able to access anything.