CP Windfire

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Autumnal cliffside single stage a/d.

File redistribution on other mapping sites not permitted. (gamebanana, tfmaps etc)

Last edited:

GooGuGajoob

L12: Pro-crastinator
Mar 28, 2014
I really like the idea for this Gamemode, but I'd ditch the CP's for a straight up timer defense, like the final stages of Hydro.

EDIT: I realise what I posted just before was stupid, because that'd pretty much make this a payload map without the ability to push...and gives BLU no reason to PUSH.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
So, I would love to see you continue with this a bit, so here is my feedback so far.

• The opening yard is too narrow. It doesn't even feel like an opening yard actually.
  • The first point is a ridiculous choke. The only entrances are a tight-blind-corner or an entrance thats under a huge height advantage.
  • I think after the first point, things are better though. That being said, its falling for the 90degree turn choke point, which has, in the past, proven to be very hard to balance or even work.
  • The long path with the cart needs to be reworked, as it doesn't make sense, is too long and too narrow.
  • You have a blind sightline (as in, you can't see the sightline before being IN the sightline) all down the final area. Long sightlines can be good. Blind sightlines are not.

For the gamemode:
  • You need to be REALLY clear what each teams objective is. Sounds, visual queue's on the hud, etc.
  • The Payload cart needs to be sped up (You know this already).
  • The Payload cart NEEDS to be actively in the playable area. If it's a pseudo-timer, it needs to be see by everyone.
  • I'd remove the payload blocking by BLU as that was a little too powerful.
  • I'd reduce time it takes to cap the second point.

Hope this helps, I can chat with you more about it if you'd like on mumble or steam.

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
No one has mentioned this yet, but you can get stuck inside the payload cart. Simply by walking into it. Please fix!

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
No one has mentioned this yet, but you can get stuck inside the payload cart. Simply by walking into it. Please fix!

Too confusing, I'm putting it to regular A/D. (working more on koth_dont atm though, but this still has some progress on it)