1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

CP Wimplesmap

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Mr. Wimples, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Mr. Wimples

Mr. Wimples L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Currently unnamed, this map is going to be a traditional A/D CP map in the style of dustbowl. Most likely will be going with a Gorge/Alpine theme. As of now only the first area is done. Stay tuned folks!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. thekurnuttaja

thekurnuttaja L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Looks great

3. REEJ

REEJ L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    needs orange dev textures

4. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    The cap on the first stage seems to open and a little to easy to defend for red. remember that the caps progress in difficulty as the map progresses.

5. Doctor Paprika

Doctor Paprika L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think it was left in general feedback, but I'll post it here anyway: without the cheap sentry placements that are borderline exploits (building on top of rocks and crates), the final point is near impossible to defend.

I think it may be that Red has too few routes to go out and Blu has too many to get in. I'm looking at Stage 1 of Dustbowl for comparison, where the higher up routes are easily accessed going straight from Red spawn. Here, Blu has the same advantage only pushing forward towards Red, especially with that attic thing right above the point. If Blu gets a teleporter up there, the game is done because it's surprisingly difficult to Red to get up to that room without losing to much time running around the side route.