Will pay keys for a quick map fix

R0GAN

L1: Registered
Oct 16, 2015
Hopefully this isn't considered out of place in this forum, but what I need is a map fix or optimization of whatever for my custom version of 2fort. I worked on it a bit before I started running into 'vis decompression overrun' problems, so the map doesn't really work. I've tried asking for help in the 'mapping questions and discussions' area, but I haven't gotten any conclusive solutions that I understand.

So basically what I need is someone to make the map able to run properly. I've already done all the customization and the logic is sound (it's run no trouble with the same logic in a previous map version)- all that's needed, from what I can gather, is some optimization. The people in 'mapping questions and discussions' told me the issue is something to do with areaportals or clusters or soemthing- it's real confusing to me!

If you can return me a fixed version of the vmf file which compiles properly and doesn't have the nasty errors, I'll give you 2 mann co. keys. Hopefully that's not too small a thank you, I'm not really familiar with the amounts people would typically pay for anything on here!

Link below vVvVv
www.mediafire.com/download/sgt3q4qh780ahed/sdk_ctf_2fort1%283%29.vmf

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Ran through this real quick and found a number of large mistakes. The biggest being that your map had some huge leaks in it. You also had displacements tied to func_details, and a tool texture (specifically a clip brush) that was displaced, causing it to spit out a "nodraw on terrain" error. I also made a few things func_detail that should have been but weren't. This will save you on compile time.

Oddly, there were a number of props embedded in geometry in certain areas (a lot of the pipes in red's spawn room) that were also causing trouble.

Last, I also removed the special characters from the file name, as this is known to cause errors.

One last note, you have power 4 displacements on your map, which can cause problems eventually. I'd recommend reducing them to power 2 or 3 if you can.

Here's the vmf. I will say 2 keys is SUPER cheaper for doing this (4 would be more reasonable, but still rather cheap), but I was curious so I poked around on it.

My trade offer link is here. If you can make it Invasion keys, that'd be better. ;)

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
If I would have known about thread sooner I would have done it for free.
Like come on, these are just noob errors that everybody does when they are new.

And generally they are taught and learn themselves. They can offer to pay someone to do these things for them, but not learn what those problems are or how to fix them. I was at least explaining what their problems were.

I've done map optimization for pay in the past. You could argue that they just should have learned and I should have done it for free? Is my time not valuable because they are new?

R0GAN

L1: Registered
Oct 16, 2015
Ran through this real quick and found a number of large mistakes. The biggest being that your map had some huge leaks in it. You also had displacements tied to func_details, and a tool texture (specifically a clip brush) that was displaced, causing it to spit out a "nodraw on terrain" error. I also made a few things func_detail that should have been but weren't. This will save you on compile time.

Oddly, there were a number of props embedded in geometry in certain areas (a lot of the pipes in red's spawn room) that were also causing trouble.

Last, I also removed the special characters from the file name, as this is known to cause errors.

One last note, you have power 4 displacements on your map, which can cause problems eventually. I'd recommend reducing them to power 2 or 3 if you can.

Here's the vmf. I will say 2 keys is SUPER cheaper for doing this (4 would be more reasonable, but still rather cheap), but I was curious so I poked around on it.

My trade offer link is here. If you can make it Invasion keys, that'd be better. ;)
Thanks heaps crash!
Also while I've got the opportunity I wanna say I like your tutorial videos alot, they're the main thing that got me into trying mapping by being so easy to understand!
Got no invasion keys though sadly. I'll be sending you the mann co keys soon as steam community starts working again.