Wierd spawn issue

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
OK so it did work this time. You have a lot of problems with your map including using the carve tool and not even func_detailing what you carved (not that you should be using the carve for imprecise arches anyway) and you also have a leak.

But to fix this specific problem, you need to change your trigger_multiples' Delay Before Reset to 0, not -1. The func_door is fine as -1 because the trigger is activating it, but if you put the trigger to -1 too, it's essentially only going to activate it once (open but never close).

ManBeaR

L2: Junior Member
Apr 20, 2014
OK so it did work this time. You have a lot of problems with your map including using the carve tool and not even func_detailing what you carved (not that you should be using the carve for imprecise arches anyway) and you also have a leak.

But to fix this specific problem, you need to change your trigger_multiples' Delay Before Reset to 0, not -1. The func_door is fine as -1 because the trigger is activating it, but if you put the trigger to -1 too, it's essentially only going to activate it once (open but never close).

What do you mean by carve?

Beetle

Aug 17, 2008
What do you mean by carve?

1QgR7UQ.png

Forget I said carve tool. It's essentially just when you cut a brush with another brush, and it creates the shape you want but not at all optimized. Hopefully others that are better explaining these things will take a look at my screenshot and explain it better. I totally understand it, I'm just not good at explaining it - I'd make a terrible teacher.

The thing you really want to concentrate on is the leak.

BTW, how did you get the vmf to load the second time?

ManBeaR

L2: Junior Member
Apr 20, 2014
1QgR7UQ.png

Forget I said carve tool. It's essentially just when you cut a brush with another brush, and it creates the shape you want but not at all optimized. Hopefully others that are better explaining these things will take a look at my screenshot and explain it better. I totally understand it, I'm just not good at explaining it - I'd make a terrible teacher.

The thing you really want to concentrate on is the leak.

BTW, how did you get the vmf to load the second time?
Then how do you make those bow shaped structures? And I just uploaded it on another website.

Beetle

Aug 17, 2008
Then how do you make those bow shaped structures? And I just uploaded it on another website.

the arch tool isn't a bad place to start. also, they definitely need to be func_details, especially as they are now.