Wierd issue with water..

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by MaGicBush, Jun 22, 2009.

1. MaGicBush

MaGicBush L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey all, I am having a very weird issue with the water in my map today. It looked fine a few days ago when I compiled, but now when looking at any water surface it smears the screen like there is a leak in the map? I have not worked on the map since I last compiled it(which it worked fine then), I only compiled again to take some screen shots to post up the map under the "showcase" section. If you jump in the water, past the surface it still acts like water though(bubbles, etc). So only when above the water it appears like there is a leak, this happens all over my map? Thanks for any suggestions!

*edit*

I just checked the compile log and it has some strange error:

ROFL, after adding in the compile log for some reason the directory paths changed into smiley faces :). I used quote, is there a /code bbc?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  2. An Icy Mouse

aa An Icy Mouse

Positive Ratings:
    You have a leak. fix it then the water will work (water ONLY runs if vvis has run and leaks stop vvis running)
    use map>load pointfile to find the leak

Also, there is a sticky at the top of the tutorials section that you should have read already, but since you haven't here's the link - http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=910

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  3. MaGicBush

MaGicBush L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Alright got it fixed thanks, didn't realize water wouldn't compile if there was a leak sorry. I havn't even looked in the tutorials section(I learned Hammer from youtube videos and trial and error). But I saved the interlopers compile checker for future reference :).