PL whitepeak

Sep 1, 2009
Overall you improvments have worked, which was good as we weren't always pinned down by two mini-sentries. Sort out that "' best' room ever...of all time" room also.

Apr 13, 2009
Screenshots updated to a3 :

-Blocked out stage 2
-Fixed setup gates not opening properly.
-Rollback zones are now marked with yellow stripes
-Added a 1-way flanking route for BLU around Stage 1 Cap B (opens up afer capping A)
-Increased respawn time advantage for BLU on Stage 1 Cap B to 2s vs 10s (was 3-9)
-Reduced available health/metal immediately around Stage 1 Cap B
-Minor layout and cosmetic changes I'm too lazy to detail.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
This map was some bloody good fun, don't really know what to complain about besides staircase leading nowhere at stage 2 second last cap.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The map will probably feel less on the large side when you start adding details, but the spaces are all of a similar size which makes it easy to get lost and gameplay repetitive. Easy on top of the the fact that the map is entirely DEV with limited land marks.

Primary issues at the moment are along the lines of:

cart is easily left at base in stage 1. Make the cart's position more obvious.

little fences on side of platforms are REALLY annoying. Use them at specific locations only.

Health and ammo was well placed but it was relatively easy for RED to flank BLU. This should only be allowed if BLU have given RED the oppotunity to counter attack and occupy some gained ground.

Constant uphill battle was boring and repetitive.

Stage 1 was too hard to complete.

Stage 2 was too easy to complete.

Stage 2 suffers from a spawn camping issue on the last cap (BLU camping RED).

Last edited:

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Che Leonid is really trueЪ!

Please, stop making these useless posts to pretty much every single new map thread you see.

Anyway, decided to give you nice long post giving you some suggestions.

pl_whitepeak_a40000.jpg

Move the big B sing top of this building/cliff, sentry top of it right now can cover the main path, payload track leading to cp and two of the flanking routes to last point, and it is really hard to take down as red spawn is quite close. Also, this also would fix another issue that is...

pl_whitepeak_a40001.jpg

Scouts keep using it as shortcut to that hallway going past last cp, yeah, i know scouts can use stairwell in building next to point to get up there, but it still is a problem, you have any idea how much less effective this flank is for blue is when there is 1-2 scouts quickly getting behind them by jumping trough that window, not to mention how quick access it gives to all platforms around cart. When i was on blue and pushing the cart, there was constantly least one scout jumping on my head and shooting me.

pl_whitepeak_a40002.jpg

Please make all these type of things non solid, i kept hitting my head to these while playing scout.

pl_whitepeak_a40003.jpg

There is random clip coming trough wall here.

pl_whitepeak_a40004.jpg

Clip this and many other small corners like this.

pl_whitepeak_a40005.jpg

When you have one way doorway like this, please make them usable by both teams.

pl_whitepeak_a40006.jpg

Combine these two spawnrooms and have second exit out of spawn here:

pl_whitepeak_a40007.jpg