White Skycards

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by drinkel, Jan 9, 2010.

1. drinkel

drinkel L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello, So I'm trying to use the forest Skycards found in Lumberyard and Sawmill and put them in my 3D-skybox. The problem is that after compiling they are white ingame.

I thought it had something to do with the lightning or the skybox but even using the lightning and skybox of arena_lumberyard the skycards still appear white ingame. And I've tried copying the settings from those used in the actual valve maps but they still don't work properly.

Anyone know the secret behind these things?:mellow:

2. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    It's the fog of the sky_camera. Make sure fog is disabled under its properties.

3. drinkel

Positive Ratings:
    Well, that made all the trees the same color, but still white I'm afraid, as opposed to the different shades of white i hade before.

4. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    does you map have lighting?

5. Bermuda Cake

Bermuda Cake L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Don't the skycards have different skins? You can change the colour in the model viewer

6. drinkel

Positive Ratings:
    I didn't think of checking in the model viewer but you're right. Though the weird thing is if i use any of the skins 1-4 thats used in lumberyard the forest appears white. But if i use anything higher then that it looks like it's supposed to.

Yes it does, but it's kind of dark at the moment since i use a night setting.