DasMatze

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2008
Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Gotta say the first; although Vilepickle's maps are very, very pretty they don't compare to the officials which just feel right.
The new styles can be awesome and I'm fully open to them, cp_egypt carried this off well but most others that have tried haven't done so well.
Unrealistic styles - blergh what a waste of time

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I voted for TF2 style too. However, I think most other styles can be great as long as they make sense and actually have some effort put into them. I don't think every map has to be mining/farming/spytech to fit into TF2.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Valve style is the style. Mach is a good map though, and I think with a little more effort in detailing it could be a great map. Still confused why there are a bunch of computers in a glass box under the floor.

Arhurt

L6: Sharp Member
May 7, 2008
I voted for new Styles, but when they are in-line with TF2 graphical, setting and theme standards.

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
Im "that guy" that voted unrealistic. I love things that look different, but playability is paramount, so im not exactly going to throw my vote behind mario kart...

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
New styles, because i find often that they really feel tf2like

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
hmmm, well I'm making a mouse style map right now.

I wouldn't say it's my favorite type but I think it can be a rally cool style if done right. Hopefully mine turns out that way. I wouldn't group mouse maps in with mario cart maps though. Mouse maps may be 'unrealistic' but they can be well done. I can't see anything in the vein of Mario Cart being well done. It's just soooo annoying, to look at, to listen to...
I liked Toyfort, I thought the author had some pretty good ideas, but the map is basically flawed with a major choke point center. I played a few times for quite awhile and both teams pushed back and forth thru the mid a bit but no caps were ever made. So unfortunately the concept was cool but playability was very good.
I haven't got to play any other mouse maps yet so who knows...maybe the style is tragically flawed.

I liked all the original maps.

I've had alot of fun in Mach4 and Castle...

Egypt looks very cool and I'm looking foward to playing on a server sometime. But still it will come down to play factor. That's the most important thing to me.

OrangeX has terrible play factor imo but there's another orange map with good terrain I played once or twice. Was fun, but still the dev tex thing is not all that cool.