Where to go to upload and download your custom maps?

Brandished

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 19, 2008
Where are some good sites to submit (and find) custom maps?

I've made up a list of some of the sites I already know of here, but I know there's probably some good ones I'm overlooking or may not have even heard of.

TF2Maps.net (by default, of course)
FPSBanana.com
Ozfortress.com
tfportal.de
Map-Factory.org
Fileplanet.com
ModDB.com
Hl2World.com
Halflife2.filefront.com

I'm asking because I've had lot of grievances with FPSBanana.com, but it's the only site I know of (other then TF2Maps) to find a lot of the newest maps and to receive get good map exposure for maps of your own.

A lot of people (including myself) have had many, many, many issues with that site, but they've already been heavily discussed.

I searched the forums for this topic (including DJive's most excellent resource thread), but didn't anything on it. If it's already been discussed, my apologies.

Last edited:

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
They actually implemented anonymous assessments now, which is cool. I have yet to have time to rate stuff though, but I will when I make Castle4 finalized. Haven't seen any anonymous posters there at all.

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
There are definitely problems with FPSBanana, but I've received some excellent feedback from a few members there. As for other places to go for maps, that's a great list and more than I could ever provide. Thanks for the resource.