Where is the circular sign with the animated arrow?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Robot3x, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Robot3x

Robot3x L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's an arrow in a circle and it reveals itself in increments of rectangles and finally a wedge then turns off and starts again.

I can't find it in the model browser but I know I saw it on one of the maps. Does anyone know where to find it, either in the model browser or decompiled map?

2. AgeNt_

AgeNt_ L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    its
    props_hydro\cap_point_arrow.mdl
    and
    props_hydro\cap_point_arrow_small.mdl

the texture doesn't animate in hammer but you can use the y-axis to point where the arrow will point (green line)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Robot3x

Positive Ratings:
    Yes! Thanks, I was looking all over for it.

4. Kerch

Kerch L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    What they did in Hydro was to draw a brush arrow around the sign using the skip texture, so they can easily see in hammer where the arrow is pointing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    You should also note, that to make it do its arrow pointing, you need to set it as a prop_dynamic. I forget specifically what animation is called, but you can look at hydro and find out easily.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Robot3x

Positive Ratings:
    I came back to ask why I might be getting the SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! error.

I guess placing it set as prop_static instead of dynamic is probably why.

7. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    If it doesn't have a collision model it'll give that error. The type of prop won't change that, but if it doesn't have a collision model it isn't solid. The error isn't gamebreaking but it is a bit annoying, and many people consider it good practice to set such props to "Non-solid" to avoid it. You can do this with the "Solidity" setting in the prop_whatever's information.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Robot3x

Positive Ratings:
    I looked at the prop in Hydro and they have Start Disabled set to Yes, so you have to set it to No.

9. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Disabling, Enabling, and Start Disabled makes the entire prop disappear and appear. Hydro uses this to make the props disappear when they would point to locked routes. Setting it to "No" is the right thing to do.

Look at the prop in the Model browser, and check the tab in there called "Sequences". There'll likely be one that has the arrow not running, and one with the arrow running. Put the name of the one with the arrow in the "Default animation" section of the prop_dynamic's info.

10. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Or you can just use the red/green/blue axis it draws when you have it selected.

Green is the direction of the arrow.

11. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    when i put them in namicott i didnt set any animation and it worked anyway

12. Shanghai

Shanghai L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think it's textured with an animated texture, so it doesn't need a prop_dynamic.