When valve skybox's a skybox model...

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
So I was going along merrily building my prop library map (don't ask, I'll post it when I'm done), dealing with tiny traincars since I'm laying out all the skybox props and all of a sudden I wonder where the model went after typing it in... no error model, I just don't see it. I close the properties window and look closer... MUCH closer...

teeny.jpg

What is that? A cockroach? I thought I was adding a flatbed car... I can't get close enough to see for sure before the camera clips through it, so I turn down the camera's FOV and I confirm my suspicions... Sure enough, someone at valve accidentally 1/16'd a model that was already at 1/16... :lol:

teeny2.jpg

(train_flatcar_leveltop_skybox.mdl if you want to see for yourself)

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Wow, this has to be one of the funniest things I have seen that relates to TF2. But it wouldn't have been half as funny without the build up you added to it Boojum. LOL! I had to read it again...

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
Hah! Good find.

l3eeron

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jan 4, 2008
OMG! That is hilarious!

:lol:

I almost broke a rib laughing!

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
A skybox cockroach? LOL 101 !o!

I haven't gotten this haughty off a laugh since I watched Robin Williams perform live on Broadway.

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
So I was going along merrily building my prop library map (don't ask, I'll post it when I'm done), dealing with tiny traincars since I'm laying out all the skybox props and all of a sudden I wonder where the model went after typing it in... no error model, I just don't see it. I close the properties window and look closer... MUCH closer...

teeny.jpg

What is that? A cockroach? I thought I was adding a flatbed car... I can't get close enough to see for sure before the camera clips through it, so I turn down the camera's FOV and I confirm my suspicions... Sure enough, someone at valve accidentally 1/16'd a model that was already at 1/16... :lol:

teeny2.jpg

(train_flatcar_leveltop_skybox.mdl if you want to see for yourself)

That was actually one of the props they were gonna use for 'giant maps', the opposite of rate maps. So when you put it in the skybox you feel really big.:p

That's actually quite a funny find.