when creat the skybox starting a new map or anytime?

blesser

L1: Registered
Sep 18, 2009
Hi ,i need help about the skybox , after have watch many tutorials i finally know how creat a skybox for a map , but the problem in this videos is that they only show the exemple with a small room , what if i already have creat a bigger map with building etc. i know i have to creat a copy of my map and scale my map smaller with the sky camera. but is a bit complicate once u have many paths.

blesser

L1: Registered
Sep 18, 2009
ok i thinki my question is a bit not clear =_= , on a simple way is do i have to creat my skybox at the begining or i can creat it anytime it dosent matter?

thank you:)

Stormcaller3801

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 5, 2009
The skybox has its own visgroup, so you can make it disappear at any time, thus allowing you to work in the areas it would otherwise enclose without trouble. However, I'd personally recommend waiting on adding it until after you have the final outlines of your map- when you can see where the sky should be, where it isn't needed, and just how high your players can get before they rocketjump or otherwise start on their best impression of Michael Jordan.