What's Your Favourite Uber Update Weapon or Hat?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Pyromancer, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Pyromancer

Pyromancer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    It'd be nice to know. I like the Soda Popper and definately the Tomislav following, however I think the Eviction Notice < Fists, so no way to them.

2. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not sure i'm waiting for Thursday to arrive

3. Pyromancer

Pyromancer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Lol here in UK it's already Thursday, in fact, in about 3.5 hours it'll be Friday. UPDATEUPDATEUPDATE

4. REEJ

REEJ L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    new Rocket Launcher & CRIT SHOVEL :D

5. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    The Tomislav sounds like great fun. Being a sneaky heavy is awesome!

Also the riding crop because it's hilarious.

6. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Atomizer because fuck everything else

7. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Detonator...

I'm waiting for the medic wep's... but quickfix will be one of the first things I get.

8. Loc_n_lol

Loc_n_lol L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Cosmetic : the soldier's general outfit (dunno if it will be misc or tied to the hat). That's just classy.
    Favourite weapon ? the detonator I guess. Probably very situational but it's the most game-changing weapon in the update.

9. Rasputin

Rasputin L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Goomba stomp - yes.

10. Loc_n_lol

Loc_n_lol L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Definitely the detonator, so many lulz. :lol:

EDIT: I'm laughing because it's terribad.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  11. Da_Man

Da_Man L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I am loving the Detonator. It's like a fireworks display. I almost want to get a bunch of engies with Wranglers and pyros with Detonators and create the world's greatest lightshow.

12. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    cosmetic and gameplay: the whip for the soldier. honestly, the best designed weapon this update, not too boring, not too crazy. good for the soldier as it is good for the team. not to mention, whipping is awesome. i kind of want valve to give it it's old damage back hehe.

2nd i guess the new shotty for the soldier. it's pretty neat and i had nearly the same idea for it awhile back. then the atomizer for the scout.

those are probably the only unlocks i actually like actually. maybe if the new demo sword and the tomislav get balanced....liberty launcher should have -25% splash radius rather than -25% clip size too.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  13. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    The Quickfix, best god damn weapon I've played with. And it doesn't even kill people.

My thoughts/analysis of the weapon:
    If you are a pocket medic, use kritz or medigun, this is not the gun for you. The QF is a group weapon, what it lacks in direct offensive buffs, it makes up in group healing. With the uber (+300% healing, immune to movement impairing effects), you can keep a group of 4-5 healed very easily, especially if they are groupped together. Example: I was on Egypt 1-1, 2 pyros ambushed us on the point, there was a group of 4-5 with me, they were all set ablaze. Not only could I keep them all fully healed while in direct fire (pun), both pyro's died, and everyone was back at full health in the end.

The Speed boost, although, not used a lot because medic is faster than most classes, can be really a helpful way to rush to the battle field/move around and manuever and take cover. A couple of times so far I've tagged onto a mid/low health scout and "slingshotted" myself to safety. I have yet to try and tandum with a multi-head Demoman.

The QF is very versatile for most gametypes. The only times when its less effective (not useless, but not as effective as it can be) is plr and attacking in PL. Arena is sorta included on that, depends on how good you are with arena. The reason for this though is that if your attacking, your around the cart, which provides healing to people anyways, so its not necessarily good, but can be effectively used to help clear out area's that the cart will be going into to, and to provide pressure on said defenses. Its also not very effective in smaller games (like 6-8 people per team or less)... for smaller teams I'd suggest Kritz or Stock Medi. I am interested to see what the PvP community does with it...

I'm not going to say this requires "skill" to use effectively, but it does require an understanding of what the medic's role is in a team, and some basic intelligence.

EDIT: I forgot some points to add, so I added them. (Para 3)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  14. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Detonator, because it's the bane to every other class now, especially other Pyros who don't have explosion-resistance.

Not to mention self-jumping using the explosions, OH BOY.

15. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    the detonator's sound. rofl

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    Favourite cosmetic is the spy rose+hat, they're purty :3

Favourite weapon is the new demo shield in conjuction with the persian persuader.
    Charge at ANY range (including point blank), shield bash for 85 damage, crit melee for 195 damage, wait 6 seconds, rinse, repeat.

Similarly eyelander with 5 heads = 170dmg shield bash + 195 crit = 365 damage
    Or skullcutter = 85 + 230 = 315 damage, enough to kill a heavy.

This set is so amazingly fun, I love it!

17. Wilson

aa Wilson Burial by Sleep

Positive Ratings:
    I love Overdose, it is really handy when trying to save uber after your patient has died, the speed based on uber effect is also really vicious when using kritz as it builds uber twice as fast normal medigun does.

Other favorite is Atomizer, triple jumps are really useful when playing scout.

18. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    So far I've acquired Tomislav, the Enforcer and the Detonator.

Tomislav is pretty fun to play with - I think I enjoy it more than the regular Minigun. However, after a while of playing against a team of two or three Tomislav Heavies, I begin to see where the frustrations come from... It's pretty hard to escape.

The Enforcer is underwhelming so far, but maybe if I had better aim and I could actually hit people I'd like it better. >_>

The Detonator gives me mixed feelings. It's hands down the most awesome sounding weapon in the entire game - fireworks whenever I shoot my gun? Yes please! It's just that it doesn't seem to want to detonate at the right time if my ping is high, so it just becomes a regular flare gun. Speaking of which, the self-damage really isn't enough of a nerf to make it a "sidegrade" to the Flare Gun.

19. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I've been using the new soldier shotgun, and i've much enjoyed being whipped by Tech. ;)

The shotgun has a cool sound, and the weapon switch is neat, particularly with the equalizer. Havent actually used it to kill many people yet, since i was playing on upward and most of the other team were heavies and i suck anyway.

20. 3Dnj

aa 3Dnj Ducks

Positive Ratings:
    Tomislav is overcheated, that's all (me = angry)