What's this process.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
I beleive this is urgent.

Ok im getting 2 unknown processes (i keep ending them) called vpk and vpj. I swear they're a virus. Mcafee wont remove them and i dont know what to do.

Please help.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2009
Why are you asking all these questions on a mapping forum? Couldn't you just make a single thread and put them all there? Or even better - find an appropriate PC forum.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
vpk could be valve's custom campaign installer for left 4 dead.
not sure what vpj is tho.

gamemaster1996

Sep 30, 2009
Well i found them and deleted them and my pc still appears to be working so it was probabaly a virus.

Feb 17, 2009
Does Google hate you all?
These are the first result that i get when i type ''vpj'' :D
googlefail.png

gamemaster1996

Sep 30, 2009
Does Google hate you all?
These are the first result that i get when i type ''vpj''
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 641x308.

Umm it's not a file extension.

Why are you asking all these questions on a mapping forum? Couldn't you just make a single thread and put them all there? Or even better - find an appropriate PC forum.

Sorry but i question things at different times and i trust you guys alot.

Did you delete VPK too?

Because I'm pretty sure we established that's not a virus.

No it was i think as steam wasn't running atall and i wasn't running anything on my PC on my command. Anyway it only heppened after downloading a file which did seem suspicious and on running didn't do anything and this process kept starting on it's own accord.

Thanks for all your help. I only post stuff like this for two reasons.

A. Because there is a off topic section i can post things there if i feel the need
B. Because i need the help of you people who i trust alot.