What's the alarm trigger sound's file name?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by arthurgps2, Feb 22, 2018.

1. arthurgps2

arthurgps2 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello, so um, it's me again. So I was thinking, t would be a good idea if I add an intelligence alarm to my CTF map I'm currently making, so i added an alarm light and an ambient_generic entity into my intelligence room, and did all the outputs to the alarm light to trigger and the sound to play.
    Now here's the trouble: I just don't know the alarm sound's file name, like the one played in Upward when the cart is nearly the final checkpoint, this means i can't make the intel alarm. I searched a lot for this, but i didn't get any significant results. I don't know if this is the right forum, but if it is, then i would appreciate if someone gave me the file name of this sound.

2. arthurgps2

Positive Ratings:
    P.S: I even checked Upward's VMF to see if i can find this sound

3. Startacker!

aa Startacker! L⛧: Hell's Bells

Positive Ratings:
    You're not seeing the alarm in the VMF because the game itself plays the alarm when the cart is close. The sounds you're looking for are items\cart_warning.wav and items\cart_warning_single.wav in Sound Type Raw.

4. arthurgps2

Positive Ratings:
    Ok,but how do I import this to my map?

5. Startacker!

aa Startacker! L⛧: Hell's Bells

Positive Ratings:
    You don't? Just put one of those alarm sounds into your ambient_generic.

6. arthurgps2

Positive Ratings:
    I didn't knew I had to change the sound type to raw so I can find the sound I was looking for