What We're Up To

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by tf2.com, Oct 12, 2016.

1. tf2.com

tf2.com L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Awooo, folks! It’s almost that time of year again: Halloween. Normally that’d mean we’d be putting the final touches on our annual Halloween event, but this year we’re working on something even better: an all-new Pyro Pack, improvements to Comp Mode, and a big new update and campaign.

But that doesn’t mean Halloween’s cancelled. Next week, as always, every past Scream Fortress event will rise from the dead to terrorize your computers for a limited, horrifying time, including last year’s Merasmissions. We’ll also be shipping some community Halloween maps, all-new custom contracts for those maps, a new Halloween taunt, a new item that gives unusual effects to taunts, and a new cosmetics case!

And it wouldn’t be a Halloween pre-announcement blog post if we didn’t scare most of you TO DEATH. For instance: What if just now you heard the rattling moon-lit sound of a SKELETON? No, nothing? Everybody still alive? Okay, but what if that sound was coming from INSIDE YOUR OWN BODY? Because there’s a SKELETON in there RIGHT NOW? Oh, you already knew that, did you? Well, what if we were to tell you it’s STEVE BUSCEMI’S SKELETON? How did it get INSIDE you? What did he do with YOUR skeleton? Why don’t you ask him, because he’s RIGHT BEHIND YOU! No, look down! Farther! Because he’s just a puddle of flesh with two BULGING EYEBALLS staring up at you! And a SNAGGLE-TOOTH! That’s right, you just BODY-SHAMED STEVE BUSCEMI! Because it was YOU writing this blog post the WHOLE TIME! AWOOOOO!

Happy pre-Halloween, everyone who’s still alive after reading that! (Probably not many of you.)

Read on the TF2 Blog...

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. dryerlint

dryerlint L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Mods, please remove this immediately. I died after reading it. Too spooky.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    My god, I wonder how this will work. That's just wacky.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. A Moderately Priced Shoe

A Moderately Priced Shoe L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not scared. After all, how can someone scare a talking piece of footwear?

5. Erk

aa Erk erk

Positive Ratings:
    Um, okay tf2 team. T-thanks for the spookiness.

6. phi

aa phi Within The Vacuum Of Infinity...

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 14
  7. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Also, I'm seriously wondering what community maps they have planned to be shipped in the update, there is only really 2 good ones I can think of, one of which isn't even finished!

8. Erk

aa Erk erk

Positive Ratings:
    Y'know I thought this update was just going to be crates, but thank god once again I'm wrong.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Nicky

aa Nicky Lets try something new!

Positive Ratings:
    The only thing scarier than Halloween is this deadline.

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    good to know. also if they say they are shipping next week, the emails are probably already out or just about

11. Beef Bucket

aa Beef Bucket L41: Blessed Member

Positive Ratings:
    This year's stock of Halloween related shit is a bit lackluster, that said they do have a sizable backlog to work through

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
  13. Osspial

Osspial L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm glad they're working on the Pyro overhaul, but I wonder if they're going to do an in-house Halloween event again next year.

14. puxorb

aa puxorb L69: Emoticon

Positive Ratings:
    Who's ready for 5gorge_event?

Just kidding.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. GroundCode_

GroundCode_ L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I might have an unpopular opinion, but last Halloween was one of the worst updates. I enjoy Scream Fortress, but last year was just a clusterfuck of last-minute content with nothing new actually being produced, just a re-use of spell, skeletons, and bosses which weren't even fun because they were so overused.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    I think it was the first scream fortress with community reskinned maps (made by us not comm maps reskinned by valve). I enjoyef all the festivities.

17. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I was personally a big fan of last years Scream Fortress.

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    I'm just glad I had 4 new maps to play on populated servers! The new merasmissions were great too

19. Aquadango

Aquadango L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    it gets even spookier when all the maps are KOTH.

20. theatreTECHIE

aa theatreTECHIE Yet another Techie for the net...

Positive Ratings:
    And that wouldn't have anything to do with one of your maps being included in the game, would it?
    I personally didn't like how many missions there were, but for the first week it was quite fun. Maybe fewer missions with decent rewards for completing them would be cool.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Respectfully Disagree Respectfully Disagree x 1