What to abbreviate bumperkart maps?

ibex

aa
Sep 1, 2013
Kart
Bumper Car
Bumper Kart

There is a distinct difference.

I like rc, but I feel like it's been used for other source games, and this bumper car thing is wholly unique to tf2, so I'd vote bc_

quick edit: Valve uses "bumper car madness" on their update page

Last edited:

Shaeam

L1: Registered
Aug 19, 2011
It seems obvious to abbreviate it bc_ there isn't any need to specify -- just look at how many different CP variants there are and nearly all of them are prefixed with cp_; should be the same for any mode -- including bumper karts/carts/cars.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Its not the issue of having multiple modes within a game mode. The problem is to have a abbreviation that matches the spelling and avoids mistakes. although bc_ would be natural for me im aware that some still could call it bk_ (TeaTime even mentions the diffirence between the 2).

bc_ in this case also matches the model of the car (its not a kart).

However, i still think that race_ as prefix would be safer for a race minigame. And bump_ for bumper cars. Some of the popular community maps already have similar prefixes:
surf_
jump_
achievement_
Not only that... valve also does it!
arena_

If something is confusing then it often not recommended. In this case the prefix can confuse some and having something like race_ or bump_ is much safer since those are very unlikely to be misspelled.

Neobenedict

L1: Registered
Oct 8, 2011
My maps are prefixed with kart_

do not use race_ as this is very disambiguous
bump_ doesn't refer to karts
bc_ is fine for non-race maps imo

I recommend kart...

Last edited: