What sort of eyes do you have?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by YM, Sep 26, 2008.

1. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I just got my contact lens trial set today, took flipping ages to put the little freaks in but after they settled it was amazing, almost like having a new pair of eyes :thumbup:
    Being short sighted I could see them easily to put them in (must be hard for long sighted people..) but normally views out of windows are completely lost to me since everything is a blur, but now I look out the window and I can make out individual leaves on the trees almost 500 meters away:woot:

Definitely an improvement on my glasses since now I can lie down on the sofa without them getting in the way :laugh:

What sort of eyes do other people have? contacts? glasses? robitic eyes? any members of our community blind?

2. Inqwel

Inqwel L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'd say Near-sighted Hazel ones. I use to wear contacts but stopped because my eyes would get irritated from the dryness.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  3. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, last time I had a physical, which was my freshman year of college (just started my senior year), I had 20/15, meaning I could see an object thats 20ft away as if it were only 15ft away. My mom brought home one of those eye charts this summer, and I was more around 20/50 or 20/30 now. So the computer has been killing my eyesight with each pixel, and pretty soon I'll need something :-/

4. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    I have normal eyes right now, but my dad has glasses and my mom wears contacts, so the future isn't as bright.

5. AWESOME-O

AWESOME-O L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    robotic eyes,

make a poll

6. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    Contacts, I have mediumly bad vision otherwise, but my vision is corrected to 20-15 (better than normal) with contacts in... first go contacts 4 years ago, felt like I was a kid again, truly amazing technology.

Hopefully laser surgery if I ever have the money...

7. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Heh, my physics teacher had laser surgery, the night before he made a bad choice of film to watch..... minority report.

Its great to be able to see out the window again without my glasses on, its just great :D

8. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    better being short-sighted in young years, since you become long-sighted in later years :)

i´m short-sighted, yay!!!!

9. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Glasses, I'm not poking my eyeballs everyday and risk blindness to look cooler with contacts.
    And I look really smart with them too.

10. Vander

Vander L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I wear both. Depends on whether I feel like putting in contacts or not.

11. AWESOME-O

AWESOME-O L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Depens, some faces are just glassfaces, some faces just need glasses!

12. ChronoTriggerFan

ChronoTriggerFan L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Glasses for the win. But I've had glasses since before the days of sitting in front of a computer for so many hours a day, unfortunately.

13. Shadow Scythe

Shadow Scythe L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    To be honest I think that glasses would be awesome to have. Sometimes I wish I had them, they'd look awesome.

But then again, there's the impracticality aspect.

I think my vision is perfectly okay but I can't really tell because I have no point of reference. I wouldn't know what it was like to have good eyes if the ones I have are near-sighted or whatnot. Which is like very true for many things, I guess. For instance the colors I see with my eyes could very well be inverted from what normal brains process. I'd never know.

14. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Ha ha, snipergen, glasses are sexy ;)

I have regular vision.. though i seem to pick up a lot of detail most other people can't. I also have EXCELLENT night vision. Probably from all those carrots :laugh:

Though i do tend to read books really close to my face, like 3-4 inches away. I'm surprised being infront of the computer for as many years as i have hasn't already begun effecting my eyes.

15. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Thats almost exactly what I thought before I needed mine, but then as soon as I got them I realised how clunky they feel, I'm always knocking them on things I've stood on them twice in the last year and they get finger prints on them, scratches. I'm taking them off and putting them on all the time whilst using the PC, its comfort and headphones or vision and tv...

It's good to see how well our propoganda worked::p:

16. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
  17. Shadow Scythe

Shadow Scythe L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Oh yeah, finger prints and scratches would be a problem. As would wearing headphones with them. Probably there's lots more things too.

18. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    blind in right eye...unfortunate accident involving an elastic type cord with hooks on either end used for holding the lids on boxes
    other eye is fine though

19. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I have very good vision, in fact. I've been playing games for eleven years on semi-small screens, yet my eyes have not been affected. It's the same with my teeth - they're pretty much perfect even though I've probably eaten and drank more sugar than the average kid. I guess I'm lucky.

Oh, and btw, I'm still alive. Hello again everyone. :D