What I've been up to

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Hey, guys... remember me?

Anyway, I realized something... I'm not burned out of mapping, I'm burned out of TF2. Long story short, I don't have to think about anything in the game anymore. It's like walking.

So, I've since moved on to mapping for another game. Black Mesa. I'm working on a Black Mesa map, and, hopefully, will be released be the end of today, if I'm lucky. Oh, and if you see me on the workshop, do me a solid and say hi!

Moving on from that, I would like to create a final project on TF2 maps. I figured I don't want to let my name die quietly, so I'm gonna try and go out with a bang. I'm planning the map, and it's going to be based entirely around flow. Once the 72hr Jam starts, I'm gonna make at it like it's still a contest.

Anyway, wish me luck, and I'll see you on the 29th!

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
rest in peace man, you were good son, real good... not entirely the best, but very good
(ps: good luck)

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
After playing TF2 since beta 2007, there's times when i am bored with TF2 too. Yet now i feel like i have more interest to it than in the last 2 years total.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Meh. I guess I have no interest to map for a game that I'm probably not going to play much ever again.

Otherwise, I'd probably still be here.

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
I don't have to think about anything in the game anymore. It's like walking.

Ya that's why I made PlayerDestruction because in koth all you have to do is show up at mid, kill a dude, and die, and you're fine. You know where the players will be, you just hold W until you get there. In playerdestruction the main objectives are in motion all over the map, and you have to try to predict where they might be going, which is how a lot of Arena mode plays, which forces you to think all the time. (It requires more individual player skill though which is why PD needed to also have a focus on team coordination with the team leader crap). I think the same may also happen in competitive games but I don't really know about that yet.

Good luck with your black mesa work. Hope you can fit it progressively into your school semesters. I would say focus on school first but if you need a break then mapping will always be there.