What happened to nodraw.net?

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Nodraw was started a few years ago, and in those years a lot of the contributors finished college, got jobs (in games or otherwise), and most possibly simply lost interest. Of course, there's quite a lot of things that could be covered on the site, so getting in touch with whoever ran the site (nineaxis?) might yield some results.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Nodraw was started a few years ago, and in those years a lot of the contributors finished college, got jobs (in games or otherwise), and most possibly simply lost interest. Of course, there's quite a lot of things that could be covered on the site, so getting in touch with whoever ran the site (nineaxis?) might yield some results.

Nine, YM or Icarus, I'd think.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I felt like I ran out of things to talk about. It was intended for more high-brow source discussion.
Everyone either stopped using source or started doing other things.
It became plagued with attacks.

A bunch of things.

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
I felt like I ran out of things to talk about. It was intended for more high-brow source discussion.
Everyone either stopped using source or started doing other things.
It became plagued with attacks.

A bunch of things.

I really liked the series where you analyzed detailing in some Valve maps. I'd love to see you do that for Barnblitz or Granary or something. And what do you mean by "plagued by attacks"?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Hackers.

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
Small website are popular targets because once the attackers can write files to the web server, they can set it up to do whatever they want.. distribute malware, function in a botnet, there's even bitcoin miners out there.

The biggest upside is they can go for days or weeks before anyone notices and shuts it down.