What "filter_activator_tfteam" actually does in TC?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Hyperion, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm trying to figure out how TC logic works. ABS prefab exists but I need to understand why it picks the stages it does. For example, if blu owns all control points in priority 2 stages (4 middle points), why does the game pick a stage with red final and not blu final (both have priority 1).

Each middle point has filter_activator_tfteam that is associated to control point. It changes team depending who owns the cp, but what then, what does it change?

2. Dr. Orange

Dr. Orange L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    1. For non-attack/defend maps, the game will only pick rounds where both teams own at least one point. It will start with searching for higher priority rounds first, and if it doesn find any (since one team owns all points) it will search for lower priority rounds, and only finds one which is the final round to capture the enemy's last point.

2. I think the filter_activator_tfteams are used for spawns. The spawnpoints, spawnrooms and resuppies probably have their filter set to their respective control point's filter_activator_tfteam.

3. Hyperion

Positive Ratings:
    So the stage searching is hardcoded once again?

4. Dr. Orange

Dr. Orange L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    You can set what order you want rounds to be picked in. Higher numbers will make it be picked earlier, and if there are multiple rounds with the same priority, it will pick randomly between them. In TC, the game will only pick rounds that have one BLU point and one RED point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hyperion

Positive Ratings:
    This was the part I was asking, not the priorities.

I guess the problem is solved now

6. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    unless your stages have three points, then the game can very well pick a round with two RED and one neutral point :p