What does the point_clientcommand do?

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
I can't find jack on this but I saw in a map.

Also,

wonder if anybody can help me with a round timer issue. We have a new orange server where we play orange x maps and I have made a few. Admin tells me not to set a round timer because it messes up the server timer on the Orange Server. I guess there is a bug that has made some of my health packs turn into ammo packs.

????

Is it possible to just not have a Team Round Timer on the map? No need to set a time if the server is just gonna run the map with no time limit until a new map is voted for. No need to add time for capture points since there is no time limit. Can a map run without a team round timer?

Last edited:

TotalMark

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
point_clientcommand sends console commands to the client.

EDIT: second question, both of my alphas for cp_villa lacked a Team_round Timer. I think this entity (the timer) just overides the server's settings. It's more important for Attack/Defend and Payload Maps.

Last edited:

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
You should use point_clientcommand with a touch trigger, or something that is triggered by a player.

Example: OnStartTouch->point_clientcommand-> Command-> parameter: Explode

Will explode players that start touching the trigger :)

You can go pretty far with that command :) (you could also check point_servercommand to use server commands (sv_Cheats 1 works (but should not be used!))