What do you think of my art work for my new map ?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by The Siphon, Mar 11, 2015.

?

Is my artwork (near) good ?

1. Yes !

37.5%
  2. Nope, it suz m8 u stupid kid unsubbed an dislik no lik 4 u !

62.5%
  1. The Siphon

The Siphon L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hello ! So I have been making some art work for my map that I am planning, I will make a Source Film Maker animation for it too.

So I have made 4 pictures (as of now)

Some are good and some are bad. Tell me what you think.

(PS. I have not converted them that they would work in Source SDK yet, but you will be able to download them soon if you want)

I made version with weather effects as needed !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RED Team's logo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BLU Team's logo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BLU Team's ad thing (second version will be fixed soon)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mann CO. Missile commercial thing

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    You've done a great job on these, but they honestly look like they belong on an update page rather than a wall. Maybe you should add some scratches or weathering?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Dr. Sasha

Dr. Sasha L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Very nice, though I have to admit I agree with Captain Clam, they look like they need some weathering for them to be on a wall.

and not an update page.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  4. Empyre

Empyre L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I opened the spoiler, but saw only captions, no pictures.

5. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    What I think is that you should stop making threads with binary polls when you want detailed feedback.

Also, images don't work in spoiler tags. Just put them in the post, the forum will automatically resize them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Empyre

Positive Ratings:
    They look good, but I see a bar code on one of them. TF2 is set in the 60s, but bar codes didn't become a thing until the late 70s. I am old enough to remember when they were new, around the time when I was a pre-teen or early teen.
    Some nit-picks: Both Red and Blu have a similar motif, stars in the border around a circle. That's not a bad motif, but they should be different from each other. Also, for the Blu one, I think that "Missile Department" would sound better than "Department Missile".

7. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    The 'bomb' text looks weirdly deformed and the bomb itself doesn't seem to be centralised? Some of the stars around the outside are blurry for some reason.

'Department Missile' is a weird name. I assume it's meant to be the other way around but it doesn't read like that. Most people read left to right, not the other way around, so flip the words over.

I'm not sure why there is a giant empty space under 'BLU Missiles'. Consider moving the text down? Also, the text isn't centre aligned and I find the squished font a bit off-putting.

8. Bunbun

aa Bunbun Gay sex slave

Positive Ratings:
    Keep these till beta, for now only arrows navigating players are important.

9. Empyre

Positive Ratings:
    I see one more minor problem: the dollar sign needs to go in front of the number, not after.
    Remember, we're picking this apart to try to help you make it better, not to attack you.

10. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Bah! I say, but the dollar sign where it makes sense, where it actually is when you read the text out loud.