well, hi

Ankh

L3: Member
Sep 18, 2008
[witty title unavailable. Try again later]

Hi there, I'm Ankh as you can no doubt tell.
I'm just getting into TF2 mapping though I've had some experience with UnrealEd. I'm hoping that by joining an actual community I can get some maps finished, as opposed to my usual MO of starting a billion different projects and losing interest halfway through each.
My current project is a Hybrid CTF/CP map attempting to utilize a central CP in order to change map layout making it easier or harder for a given team. If you'll forgive the lack of screenshots it's only about half done with the geometry in place and about a quarter of the aesthetics done. RED base and the area surrounding it is mostly finished but everything else is a mess of dev textures that can be played but are neither lit very well nor appealing to look at anyway.
I don't have a favourite map per se, but I enjoy 2Fort and Badwater, and while I don't play it often, I love the concept behind Steel. My favourite class is the spy though I'm not as good as many of the people on youtube seem to be.

Apr 19, 2009
Hi and welcome to TF2Maps.net Ankh! :D

If you need help with Entities download this. Don't worry about making it pretty just yet. However, feel free to sign up for gameday for some good testing. Gamedays are on Fridays in the euro server and Saturday/Sunday in the U.S. server.If you have any other questions, there is usually someone in Steam chat who can help. Welcome to the group!

Lastly don't forget!
Does it help?
Do you agree?
Make you laugh?
The quickest way to express yourself:
post_thanks.gif

Last edited:

Ankh

L3: Member
Sep 18, 2008
Thanks for the welcome, I've already got the entities thing - the map, while ugly is completely playable right down to stalemates at the end if nobody wins- I made sure to do at least a bit of research before plunging in headfirst into this so to speak
I reckon I'll see what I can about the testing though, sounds fun and useful - the best kind of fun in fact.
As for prettiness - well I figure the area immediately surrounding the map isn't going to affect gameplay so I mainly do what I can there when I'm bored. Useless, but fun - the best kind in fact

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
Welcome!