Well (CTF) Exploit/Bug

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I love Well. I love how it plays, and I love it's visuals. I also love the fact that it's the polar opposite of 2fort.

Oh hey, is that a demoman on the roof?
ctf_well1.jpg

This can be done without any cheats, and you don't need anyone's help (although it makes it a lot more easier).

Just place 2 stickies on top of the train cars in the middle...
ctf_well2.jpg

and crouch-sticky-jump!

At a certain height you'll find that the player clipping ends, and you can slip in between the 'wall' and the 'ceiling' [crouching required]
ctf_well3.jpg

It can be done on all four sides -- the two fences, and each base!
ctf_well4.jpg

Although you don't need any help getting up to certain places, you may need a medic to at the very least overheal you where there is no high perch to cushion the fall damage.

The culprit:
ctfwell.jpg

Medic!
ctf_well5.jpg

Feb 17, 2009
Yeah i know this exploit, when i get bored i ussually get to the other side of the fence :D Then verybody is like: W00T??!!!?!111?!!!111!!

Last edited:

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Things like this make me sad with VALVe.

Even I made my playerclips reach the ceiling in my first map :p

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
The same thing exists on arena_watchtower, Didn't know that well that is a "professional"-made valve map also had it.

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
How did the Medic get up there? I cannot seem to understand your guide but I'll try it out

T

The Asylum

This is why I always extend my playerclips all the way to the skybox roof, even if it's double the pipejump height from the tallest object on the map.

Paranoia has it's advantages.