Sep 28, 2009
worldoftomorrow.jpg

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
*investment opportunity music plays*

May 2, 2009
Looking at this, I doubt its the NEAR future... maybe the "We'll be there when we get there" future.

Actually some of these are almost already here. For example:

It's unknown who did invent Wind circle first but Dyson Fan is the same Dyson Fan Youtube

And Philips epaper was supposed to come out a year ago but I never heard it again after it. Someone has also developed an epaper which doesn't require backlight.

The help reader device is losely based on Quicktionary which doesn't support audio feedback.

Window phone concept is very interesting and I think that website have missed this awesome window tablet concept. This concept won 2009 Red Dot Design award.

And finally the compact bedroom is similar to this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAa6bOWB8qY.

The future is here right now. As I'm product designer student it's my job to know what has been invented and which ones are concepts. I didn't want to bash anyone with this post :)

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
It's full of Robots
Sexy robots

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The bracelet phone looks cool but how the fuck do you use it. Raising your arm an extra 3-4 inches to put it (your wrist) to your ear actually puts quite a bit more strain on the arm and throws your elbow out infront or to the side; and that's also assuming it doesn't slide further down if you have skinny arms, which incidently i do.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Not to mention it apparently expects you to manually dial the number instead of use an address book... what other phone still does that? Even the non-"smart" ones have had that feature for years.

It's kind of depressing how many of these things remind me of stuff that's been on "future innovations" lists for years now. That roll-up screen in particular looks like one I saw in a Time issue from way back in 2004 — although admittedly that one might not have had touch capability, which would explain why they never found a real use for it.

And those shots of the "Mint Sputnik projector" look like a preview of a game model's AO bake before it's been textured.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
90% of this stuff is cool but would be really annoying to use and/or would never replace what we do use

like a bracelet phone lmbo