Weird TF2 Crash

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Jazz, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Jazz

Jazz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Occasionally when I join a server and I get to the welcome page (where it displays the site's website and/or intro text and all that) my game freezes and I am usually forced to manually shut down my computer.

I am not exactly sure why this happens and I can't find help for this problem anywhere... So if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

2. Axii

Axii L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Normally happens to me too but in a different way, when you join a server, All those options before choosing team/class Lags horribly, So I just have to mash the Next Button :(.

3. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    this happened to me alot...and for me the problem was that I would try and open the overlay while the server was loading, then the game would get stuck between the overlay and the server

4. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    I agree that we now need someone to figure this out as it's coming up alot.

5. Dr. KillPatient

Dr. KillPatient L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Only happens on user input when you're connecting I believe. The game doesn't know whether to take input from the server or the user first, so it crashes. Try not pressing anything for a bit after you connect and see if it still crashes.

6. Wegason

Wegason L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    When I click connect on a server, while its connecting and before I reach the choose teams option etc I do nothing! No shift-tab, no alt-tab, no clicking. Just wait for it to connect or TF2 will crash, been like that for ages.