Weird Skybox Error

Remix

L69: Deviant Member
Feb 27, 2008
Weird Compiling Error

Full Compile Log:
Code:
materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\deadeye47\team fortress 2\tf\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\deadeye47\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_eerie_detail.vmf
Patching WVT material: maps/cp_eerie_detail/dev/dev_blendmeasure_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/cp_eerie_detail/nature/blendgroundtomud001_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/cp_eerie_detail/nature/blendgroundtograss008_wvt_patch
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...100...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
Chop Details...done (0)
Find Visible Detail Sides...
Merged 220 detail faces...done (0)
Merging details...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
writing C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\deadeye47\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_eerie_detail.prt...Building visibility clusters...
done (0)
*** Error: Skybox vtf files for skybox/sky_gravel_01 weren't compiled with the same size texture and/or same flags!
Can't load skybox file skybox/sky_gravel_01 to build the default cubemap!
*** Error: Skybox vtf files for skybox/sky_gravel_01 weren't compiled with the same size texture and/or same flags!
Can't load skybox file skybox/sky_gravel_01 to build the default cubemap!

2 threads
reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\deadeye47\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_eerie_detail.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\deadeye47\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_eerie_detail.bsp

[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[34 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\deadeye47\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_eerie_detail.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\deadeye47\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_eerie_detail.bsp
I have never had a compiling error like this. Already tried the Interloper's log error check and here are the results:

Interloper's log results

This is the part that concerns me:

Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\deadeye47\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_eerie_detail.bsp

After this shows up while compiling, I get a vbsp.exe error pop up.

PS: This isn't the first compile of this map. I have several different versions and they all compiled completely fine.

Last edited:

Remix

Feb 27, 2008
As far as I know that error doesn't doesn't cause any problems and can be ignored

Now that I have spent a little more time investigating, I can see that is definitely not the problem. I ran a couple compiles on previous versions of my map and they worked great, but had that same error.

I will update the original post with better information on what I think the problem is.

Remix

Feb 27, 2008
I think I fixed the problem. I guess Hammer didn't like one displacement I made *sigh*

And will do eerie :p

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Even the stock Valve SDK maps have that particular error. I've never run into problems after I've built the cube maps (without specularity when building) but it bugs me too.

You could also swap to a non-TF2 ("all source mods"-available) skybox, but...