(Weird question) How can i make something go into an animation and when - (Read description)

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Dog.vtf, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Dog.vtf

Dog.vtf L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    - the animation is over explode, all after blue captures a payload point....

I Know its long and weird

But let me explain...

I'm making a weird map and when you capture the points at each one is a bot worker (Prop dynamic animation) what I want it to do is when blue caps the point a bot worker belongs to I need it to go from 1 animation (idle) to another (panic_start_A) and when panic_start_A is over have the model disappear and make a harmless explosion.

Does that make sense?

If this isn't possible I am deeply sorry for making you read all of this.

2. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
  3. Dog.vtf

Positive Ratings:
    I figured it out but I've only been able to use break. I can't find a way to make him explode...

Plus, How do you get those things that block the head's glass off?

4. Powerlord

Powerlord L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Probably have to damage them.

As for the explosion, that's what env_explosion is for.

5. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    The glass being missing from the top may either be a body group or a gib, maybe you could change the body group to break the glass if it's possible.

And yeah, you'll manually need to rig an env_explosion to explode when the animation is finished (OnAnimationDone)

6. Dog.vtf

Positive Ratings:
    No, i'm talking about the things that pop off in the "spawn" animation.

*Edit* They aren't a bodygroup... I'm sure. or I'm using bodygroups incorrectly, I Don't know.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017