Weird Decompile errors

GhostFire04

L1: Registered
May 26, 2018
So when I decompile a map (2fort to be exact) I get this error [warning] LzmaBuffer: Difference in LZMA data length: found 43,175 bytes, expected 43,172. the map loads funny with the message 1 or more textures have not been loaded would you like to save your map without them? and when I launch the game with the recompiled map its al weird and parts of the map are missing. When I try to decompile with all embedded files i get this:
[warning] BspSource: Can't extract embedded files, caused by org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.UnsupportedZipFeatureException: unsupported feature method 'LZMA' used in entry materials/maps/ctf_2fort/nature/blendgroundtogravel001_wvt_patch.vmt
at org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipUtil.checkRequestedFeatures(ZipUtil.java:328)
at org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipArchiveInputStream.read(ZipArchiveInputStream.java:374)
at java.io.InputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Unknown Source)
at info.ata4.bsplib.PakFile.unpack(PakFile.java:89)
at info.ata4.bsplib.PakFile.unpack(PakFile.java:56)
at info.ata4.bsplib.PakFile.unpack(PakFile.java:45)
at info.ata4.bspsrc.BspSource.decompile(BspSource.java:107)
at info.ata4.bspsrc.BspSource.run(BspSource.java:67)
at info.ata4.bspsrc.gui.BspSourceFrame$5.run(BspSourceFrame.java:362)

[warning] LzmaBuffer: Difference in LZMA data length: found 43,175 bytes, expected 43,172
please help!

Narpas

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
Recompiling doesn't usually work too well; though, if you're looking for decompiled official maps, you can find them here

GhostFire04

May 26, 2018
Recompiling doesn't usually work too well; though, if you're looking for decompiled official maps, you can find them here
Well I downloaded that and its the same issue when I recompile it all the textures are all weird like the lights didnt load and parts are missing.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
The file has been compressed. The decompiling tool is too old to support compressed files. Update the decompiler to a version that copes with compression. Or just decompress the file before decompiling it.

GhostFire04

May 26, 2018
The file has been compressed. The decompiling tool is too old to support compressed files. Update the decompiler to a version that copes with compression. Or just decompress the file before decompiling it.
I use the latest bspsouce. Do you recommend any others?

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
I did and its the same issue.

The link is a ready to open vmf file, you shouldn't have the same issue because you don't need to decompile it. Unless I'm missing something?

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
I dont know dude. i can only tell you what i see
What are you doing with the file you are getting from the link? All you should need to do is open it in Hammer. But the error you are posting is a decompiler error?

GhostFire04

May 26, 2018
What are you doing with the file you are getting from the link? All you should need to do is open it in Hammer. But the error you are posting is a decompiler error?
Yeah, when I load it it just says 1 texture(s) have not been loaded etc. and when i compile it it freezes on the same step everytime

Startacker!

WANT ME TO BE REAL? MAKE ME.
aa
Jun 15, 2013
Yeah, when I load it it just says 1 texture(s) have not been loaded etc. and when i compile it it freezes on the same step everytime
Decompiled version of maps are usually very broken. Problems can range from invalid brushes to misaligned areaportals. You'll probably have to track those down and fix them yourself. The compile is taking a long time because it's a finished map, compiles take a long time at that stage.

You're working with 2Fort, right? There's an older but still present official VMF of the map, you can find it here.

GhostFire04

May 26, 2018
Decompiled version of maps are usually very broken. Problems can range from invalid brushes to misaligned areaportals. You'll probably have to track those down and fix them yourself. The compile is taking a long time because it's a finished map, compiles take a long time at that stage.

You're working with 2Fort, right? There's an older but still present official VMF of the map, you can find it here.
Hey thanks I got the textures working myself but now im seeing through parts of the map
ill figure that out myself