We want holiday-themed community items!

tf2.com

L13: Stunning Member
Jun 16, 2010

It's that special time of mid-November, where nothing is special yet, but you can feel the tingle of impending specialness right around the corner. All the signs are there. When you kill a man, you can actually see his last breath hanging in the chill mid-November pre-specialness air. Turkeys have retreated to their bunkers in a vain attempt to weather the upcoming onslaught of holidays devoted to gleeful turkey slaughter. And, are those sleighbells we hear? Because our legal department assures us they aren't. That's right, TFers. It's beginning to look a lot like an upcoming holiday our legal department won't let us mention, but that rhymes with "Smissmas".

Source: TF2.com

Mar 23, 2010
wat about maps

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
wat about maps

a67bf37cc3fd.gif

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
now if only the candy cane and all this shit was limited to an australian christmas season

or actually, maybe even more time limit items would be even worse

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
now if only the candy cane and all this shit was limited to an australian christmas season

or actually, maybe even more time limit items would be even worse

wow stop complaining. we get it!

I really enjoy wearing my burning christmas tree all year; you're just jealous. play on xbox if you don't like all the fun new unlocks, who cares about the "art style" jesus

In all seriousness this blog post is important because now it's definitely official the team isn't just bad or anything or don't know better - they're doing this stuff on purpose. Some people couldn't believe that, well here you go.

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
For all the yap about caring about maps and level designers getting a fair share of the profits they've physically demonstrated at every possible opportunity the exact opposite.

Half the time maps have gone official they don't even get a blog mention. It's all done behind curtains and brushed under the rug. Whilst hats and weapons get a fortnightly highlight.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2009
Time to whip out arena_arakawa_holiday

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Valve

y u no make your own models

Well lets see what work Valve have got on the go shall we..
Hmm let me see there's CS:GO, Dota2, A Portal 2 DLC, a L4D2 DLC, bug fixes, Team fortress 2 updates, Half life 2 episode 3 (maybe), source engine upgrades and probably some secret project.

Thats why

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Wow they have to ask?

The community is clearly slacking.

inorite? You'd think with all the people pushing each other over to get a cut of that sweet Mann Co Store dough, there'd be at least as many Christmas items already sitting in the holding pen as were released last year.

Maybe it's a sign that all the people who could be bothered and actually have the skill to create something have already sent in an item or two, and that we're going to see a dramatic falloff of non-promo items getting added to the game. I mean, the hats they do add in are just getting more and more ludicrous (a birdcage? really?) so maybe they're scraping the bottom of the barrel already.

I'm just bracing myself for when they start getting really desperate.

Sep 1, 2009
We should do another holiday detailing contest for the fun of it.

Jun 19, 2009
I still think there should be a map workshop...

The more and more this happens, the more and more I feel like we're being neglected. ... very discouraging.

Well why not email valve about it? I sent them a message about all the pointless crap / spam, and I asked them for a report button.

They didn't respond, but hey... it's there now.