Way to stop "Kamikaze" taunt going through floors.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Hipster_Duck, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Hipster_Duck

Hipster_Duck L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    As the title says, is there a way to stop the Soldiers Kamikaze (Escape Plan / Equalizer) Taunt going through floors? It can be done on Suijin and Hightower as far as I know.

20160802235140_1.jpg

20160802235159_1.jpg

If it can't be fixed it's Valves problem so I don't really care.

2. MaccyF

aa MaccyF Notoriously Unreliable

Positive Ratings:
  3. Hipster_Duck

Positive Ratings:
    The taunt can go directly through solid brushes, blockbullets didn't help.

4. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    Playerclip those areas off, usually its a tiny crevis thats not valuable gameplay space anyway

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    I can't see what's going on in the image but it's possible the soldier is clipping in to the brush above. Try putting a trigger_hurt inside the brush set to something like 1000 damage.

6. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I had this bug on Glassworks. Ultimately I just found ways of manipulating geometry so it couldn't be done. Not much you can do besides find ways to block it/ remove it.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, the kamikaze bug can be done on any map with a thin floor (like Hightower or the bridges on Suijin). It's because when taunting, the player model uncrouches, even if under a roof/floor, and the grenade explosion originates from the actual grenade position in the Soldier's hands. If that reaches trough the floor, the damage done by the explosion is blocked by said floor, and the Soldier can do this over and over and over again. Only way to fix this on a map level is by not having thin floors players can stand under.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. DrLambda

aa DrLambda L69: Teeheehee, Member

Positive Ratings:
    A while ago, someone wrote that the kamikaze bug was fixed by valve, but readded because it was popular, especially on spawn doors. Might've been on reddit, so take it with a grain of salt.
    The fixes would be "raise the roof", thicken the roof" etc - I honestly can't think of a situation where it would be more than a minor nuisance though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Hipster_Duck

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I fixed the issue by just not allowing players to go there, thanks.

10. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    You're thinking of the bug where players using Kamikaze wouldn't take any damage if they were using the Rocket Jumper, which Valve eventually patched out again anyway.