KotH Waterworks A3

Mirrored KOTH map that is inspired by koth_probed and cp_gullywash

1. Melo

Melo L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Waterworks - Mirrored KOTH map that is inspired by koth_probed and cp_gullywash

Just a map that I started creating, not that great, but maybe give it a try?

Also, I'm still working on it so it isn't even in A1 yet. Ill update when it is.

2. Messing Around

Messing Around L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    bruh you don't even have a spawn room

3. Melo

Positive Ratings:
    Did you even read what I wrote as the inital statement?
    I am working on completing A1 right now, I just wanted to open the download so it was ready

4. Melo

Positive Ratings:
  5. Melo

Positive Ratings:
    Got A1 working, if you find bugs, please tell me and I'll update the map as soon as I can. In the meantime I'll try to test it on my own and come out with my own update

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    I had a run around your map and I like what you've got so far. A good start.

However at a cursory glance I can forsee a problem with a player standing next to the point being able to see all three entrances into the main area. A good sniper can probably make this a pain but it will also lead to rocket and grenade spam.

Additionally, I think you should add more incentive for players to utilize the lower route - currently attacking the point through it requires giving up height advantage you have from the connector building and voluntarily going down into a pit of likely death with no pickups or angles of attack on the point. Maybe adding more cover to this route would aid this, but I would recommend testing thoroughly rather than taking my word for it.

7. Melo

Positive Ratings:
    Freyja, thanks for the feedback, in my sleepy haze last night I probably made a bunch of balance mistakes, which I'll definitely sort out by the end of the week. I agree that the lower route is not very viable because of limited cover, so I'll mainly be working on shutting off sight lines.

8. Melo

Positive Ratings:
    Changes:
    -Blocked many sight lines
    -Added side building near point
    -Fixed a huge sight line that allowed players to snipe from the small, overhanging building all the way to spawn
    -Added props

I obliterated many of the huge sight lines, I might have gone over the top with this. I think that sniper will not be too overpowered. If I did go over the top please let me know.

I also added the small building near the point to add some more cover and make the bottom route more viable.

I might make some bigger layout changes in the next update, but I want to see how this works for now. I think that the point feels a little crowded with props, but I'm not sure if that is too much of a problem.

9. Melo

Positive Ratings:
    Changes:
    -got rid of some of the sight line barriers
    -lowered mid as a whole
    -changed some small parts of routes

I think that lower the mid will make pushing from the lower courtyard easier and so far (by so far I mean through bot testing so not really accurate) it has allowed mid to be capped more easily, if a good push is organized.

Hopefully this also doesn't create huge sniper sight lines, but we'll see.