Water reflection help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by phantombadger, Feb 18, 2011.

1. phantombadger

phantombadger L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
  2. Attsy

Attsy L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    You might want to try bringing the water volume inside the tube geometry so none of the water is outside, if it isnt already.

Also try placing a env_cubemap right in the center, on top of water, going into the properties, click Brush Faces, then click the dropper icon and select the textured face of the water.
    Then in the console:
    mat_specular 0 ; buildcubemaps ; mat_specular 1 ; disconnect ; mat_reloadallmaterials

3. Zhan

Zhan L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  4. phantombadger

phantombadger L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I havent gone into lighting yet, just testing geometry atm so I havent put in cubemaps or anything yet; just rudimentary lights and the cordon for sky.

5. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Just do the cubemap thing and it'll work.

I haven't played with water a whole lot, but honestly I've never made sure it's completely inside something and it's always worked fine so long as I use cubemaps.

6. Xi.Cynx

aa Xi.Cynx Former Alias: †Blade†

Positive Ratings:
    yea cubemaps will totally solve this issue as then the water will reflect off of what that cubemaps sees around it and if there is no sky anywhere in that tunnel, no sky will appear on the water face.