Water problem (bad render under water things)

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Ozi, May 16, 2010.

1. Ozi

Ozi L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    [fixed]Water problem (bad render under water things)

Ok, I have this problem since I start making this map, but now I'm really near to finish it, so it's time to solve the problem.

I have this water, it's one brush, so only one cubemap is reflected. In most of time there is no problem with render it, but when I look on it i some special places, things under it are rendered really wierd. And trying lots of different setup of func_water_control didn't help.

I have no idea what to do, so any suggestion (even it will be stupid) will be appreciated.

Here are the screenshots of this mystery.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I can do anything to help you, help me ;) .

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    I had something similar once when my env_cubemap was too colse to the water surface.

Also, have you checked for leaks?

3. Ozi

Positive Ratings:
    I little rised up cubemap and it didn't help, now I try put it really high. And there is no leaks, I'm sure.

4. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Stretch out the water texture. The default texture scale when you make a brush is 0.25. Try scaling it up to 1.05 both ways

5. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
  6. Ozi

Positive Ratings:
    I tried put cubemap high didn't help just like stretching texture and of course, I didn't find help on this page.

7. honorum646

honorum646 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't see a problem... If you could make it more obvious, I might be able to offer a solution.

EDIT: OH! Now I see it. Maybe add another env_cubemap?

8. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
  9. Ozi

Positive Ratings:
    More cubemaps of course didn't help and this site interlopers didn't help.

With this problem I don't release the map, I'm belive you can help!

10. Porkchop

Porkchop L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Have you tried remaking the water texture? If so, try splitting it up into smaller sections. I truthfully don't know, so I'm just throwing some suggestions out.

11. Ozi

Positive Ratings:
    Yes I tried, I cutted it also I even copy water from 2fort, same effect. So I think it's maby things around water are the problem, but when I delete this green smoke, barrels, displacement didn't help. I hear from some friends, that they have also this problem and couldn't fix it... but when I'm searching for it in google, the only problem with water people have for bad compilation, but I can't find mine issue.

12. megawac

megawac L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Try compiling with props disabled on your map and see if the problem still occurs. Props and water have always been funny.

13. Ozi

Positive Ratings:
    Didn't help.

Edit: After hours of deleting and testing I finnaly get fixed version, BUT I MUST DELETE ALMOST WHOLE MAP :< . No it's time find a reason.
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    I finnaly find the answer, I had near this water tunnel with sawmill water, when I delete water in this tunnel, everything looks fine now!

Last edited: May 19, 2010