water movement

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

grahamwolfe

L1: Registered
Dec 9, 2009
Sorry for asking alot of questions but I do search before asking =)

I'm trying to make water that moves you rapidly in one direction if you go into it, like a current when you enter certain water, is this possible in hammer?

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
You mean, that you get pushed in a certain direction? You should try trigger_push, play a bit with the settings.

And try to read what you wrote once again, really hard to understand.

grahamwolfe

Dec 9, 2009
im sorry, did you play old tfc? do you remember some maps where if you swam in some tunnels you'd get pushed really fast through the water in it to the end of the tunnel, saving you swim time.

grahamwolfe

Dec 9, 2009
Ok so I tried trigger_push, it isnt working for me to push through water, actually it isn't working at all for me, im completely lost as to how to use this.

I'll try to explain what im trying to do and see if maybe you can solve it for me.

I'm making a long water tunnel, fully filled with water. I want to make it so when a player steps into this long water tunnel they get pushed at a very fast pace through it to the end, like imagine if they stepped into a sewer pipe with water that was rushing very fast, they'd move along the pipe quickly, and reach the end. This is what im trying to do.

Any help appreciated thank you.