Water - Help!

roninmodern

L3: Member
Feb 5, 2008
My water brush is appearing thusly from above, making all brushes touching it below seem like they have nodraw

cp_ravine0000.jpg

But if you jump into it it works fine and you can see the brushes.

I don't know what to do!

Rehsa4

L1: Registered
Mar 7, 2008
Haven't touched water yet, if I'm not mistaken the water must be flush on all sides against something, everything with a nodraw texture except the top layer. This is just from memory. Hopefully someone will be able to provide more help.

gonna try and see if I can recreate it.

edit:

When I made myself some water, it works fine, however, when I go into the void it seems to do this, are you in the void looking in during this shot?

Last edited:

roninmodern

Feb 5, 2008
no I'm in the game area. In my other map water works fine, so I know how to create it.

Rehsa4

L1: Registered
Mar 7, 2008
I'm trying to recreate it right now to see if I can get the same result... have you tried changing the water texture for the top or recreate the body of water? I'm just asking questions as I am trying (unsuccessfully) to recreate what you are experiencing.

roninmodern

Feb 5, 2008
Ok this shouldn't matter because my map was already sealed...but i turned the skybox into a cube surrounding the whole thing and it works now...

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Ok this shouldn't matter because my map was already sealed...but i turned the skybox into a cube surrounding the whole thing and it works now...

Your map is leaked somewhere. Remove the cube, and do a full compile. Then go to map-load pointfile. Follow the red line that leads from a random entity to the leak. It helps to turn off everything but geometry while doing this, to make the leak easier to see.

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Ronin, just use load pointfile. It will show you the way to a prop probably that leaked, but the prop is 90% of the time not the fault of the leak, follow the WAY of the red line and you will probably see it goes trough the void/in your map. Most mistakes are a 1 unit fault, you left a gap.