Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by CareBear, Dec 22, 2016.
Watchpoint - 2nd remastered version of this map
A small, close quarters King of the Hill map.
If anybody is good enough to push to the spawn, they will spawncamp the hell out.
very interesting height variance around mid though. That needs to be elaborated. Right now, it really favors soldiers and demos with such height
Any Ideas on how i could fix the spawn camping and make it more balanced for other classes? For spawn camping i'm thinking of having maybe another exit that goes underneath the map. And how could i elaborate more on the height like you said?
I also don't really like how sort of "confined" the spawn feels, maybe push it back a bit and not have the resupply cabinets right next to the doors, makes it easy to die getting to a resupply cabinet
In the playtest, I thought the spawn building can move like 128 or so to reduce the height difference between spawn doors and the 'ground level' and by ground level I mean the level where the cap point is. The height does not seem to break the game but it can be quite frustrating.
- Raised the spawnroom by 256 Hu
- Made the spawn rooms larger by pushing the wall's back
- Lowered the room above control point a bit
- Added a building to flank around the point to attack from a different angle
- Added a drop down to the underground area with water at the bottom
- Added a bit of cover around the point
- Made a bridge across on both sides have a dip (Planning on making it a rope bridge)
- Clipped off the roof of the building above the point
Read the rest of this update entry...
Separate names with a comma.