DM wasteland

Discussion in 'Non-Standard Maps' started by TonyMontana, Jun 20, 2015.

1. TonyMontana

TonyMontana L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This is my first map but I kept on improving it to playable and sorta of enjoyable state I would so much appreciate feedback on anything! THANKS!

Workshop link

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  2. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    You seem to be relying heavily on props. Your maps just a box with a variety of random things placed about, like the badlands spire. It's not a bad first start by any means though, at least your lightning doesn't looks bad.

I'd say for your next map try focusing on creating a layout, something a bit more advanced than a box and two spawns.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. TonyMontana

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks a lot for the feedback, I know I'm struggling with layouts and shaping brushes! Do you have any good tutorials I can read or watch about this subject?

4. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    Hmm, well if you're looking for getting started tutorials I'd go to one of these guys. All of them will help you extensively.

Crash Episode 1 (Setup)
    TopHatWaffle Episode 1 (Setup)
    3Kliksphilip (I learned from him, though a lot of it is a little dated, look round)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    And don't forget this site's tutorial section, it has lots of great information about almost everything, from technical I/O, gamemode setup, and other stuff, to map design theory!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. TonyMontana

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out