1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

warning - face vectors parallel to face normal. bad lighting will be produced

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Buster Charlie, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Buster Charlie

Buster Charlie Guest

Positive Ratings:
    Any fix to this rad error?

" warning - face vectors parallel to face normal. bad lighting will be produced"

2. Crimson

Crimson L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    If I remember correctly that is caused by a leak, atleast in some cases. I had one yesterday and I had a small crevice that was leaking light. First check your problems list (alt+p) and see if its there. If it is just a bad face you can just remake it or fix it. If you have a leak load your pointfile or whatever its called and look for the red line to show you where the leak is.

3. Buster Charlie

Buster Charlie Guest

Positive Ratings:
    I'm sure it's not a leak, well at least the log shows no leak. I even tried cordoning off an area. the valve resource says there is no known fix, not sure who else saw this?

4. gnat

gnat Guest

Positive Ratings:
    just delete the offending brush and rebuild it. hit alt+P in hammer to show problems, it should be listed, then just go to the error and delete.

worked for me.

5. Buster Charlie

Buster Charlie Guest

Positive Ratings:
    I'll try that, but I dont think it showed up in hammer, just compile.. But i'll double check.

6. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    face vector = normal... hmm.. can you re-orient that brush? rotate it 180 degrees.

7. spaceweasels

aa spaceweasels

Positive Ratings:
    The other thing to try, if you know which brush is the troublesome one, is to make it into a func_detail or func_brush.